Starcraft 2 midnight sales!

Video Games

Starcraft 2 midnight sales!

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:32 am

This means exactly what it says. Some shops in few cities over the world, will open up exactly at midnight from 26th to 27th to sell SC2! :lol:
Oh well too bad i don't live in any of those cities. :(

http://eu.blizzard.com/de-de/company/ev ... nings.html

It also says producers will be there to sign the games for those who want to! xD
I rather sleep the night through tho ... :roll:

Also on 27th you sit in line to buy sc2 and then on 28th you might actually get time to start playing it, which means you have about 13 days time to play it until the errata for alteil comes. On the 10th you can take a break for ranting, see what's going on here and then probably go back to playing SC2. ^^

- Cheers
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: Starcraft 2 midnight sales!

Postby Politikas » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:22 am

SC2 has one big problem - it has to much hype going on, its a classical RTS with good balance, and thats it.
Politikas

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:56 am

What has me worried is the flashy graphics... they seem to cause confusion and are distracting during gameplay, but w/e i had same impression when war3 first came out.

Politikas wrote:RTS with good balance

What many RTS are not! And they changed the tech tree and added new units, i am not sure it will be perfectly fine in first few weeks. :?
I just doubt instant perfection of a game ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby methebest » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 am

its too expensive for me
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Artist » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 am

Politikas wrote:Sits a classical RTS with good balance

Oh how debatable that is.

I preordered my copy for free from that um... link thing in my sig, so I'm happy.
Artist

Postby Pancakes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:55 am

Politikas wrote:SC2 has one big problem - it has to much hype going on, its a classical RTS with good balance, and thats it.

um... what do you expect it to do... if it wasn't a classical RTS with good balance everyone would scream bloody murder because "it's not starcraft"

Well anyways I've had a beta key for months and if you ask me it's better than starcraft 1, each race's identity is very defined but only in such a way that you will notice AFTER you figure out how to play. When I first got it I didn't think I liked it very much. But I watched a few commentaries, practiced a few games, and now I think it's one of the best games of all time. The balance is already REALLY good. If anyoen whines, it's really because Terran meta has made it further than Protoss which has made it further than Zerg. But Zerg is a race with many abilities that nobody seems to use, such as burrow, banneling mine fields, nydas worms and basically zerg players seem confused about unit balance in general right now.

I play zerg and I really feel like it's the race with the most untapped potential in it. Right now people say Zerg is a little bit weaker but I think that will turn around in time + the inevitable patches.

Unlike WC3 there is no one way to play any given map or matchup. Like how gargs were the only way for Undead to fight dryads for sooooo long, and how orc has played basically the same strategy since forever. In starcraft, if you can macro and micro it, and as long as whatever "it" is makes actual sense, there is a chance for you to win with good timing. It is also essential to understand what your opponent is doing. You can't just blindly "go a build" and expect to win. You have to accomplish your build while also countering your opponents. It's a true STRATEGY game.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 pm

All I care about is that I'll still be able to fill the screen with 190+ Zerglings, and that I can make them all move at once instead of 12 at a time :D Is it possible?
Otonashi

Postby Pancakes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 pm

yeah but you're going to lose because it takes forever to mass 190 zerglings when the food cap is 200 food =/
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Artist » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 am

190 lings is only a 95 food army, you'd get to that amount of army in 15-20 min of normal gameplay (in addition to the workers) if not faster (could be affected by going heavy macro build).
Artist

Postby Pancakes » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:16 am

how long has it been since you played starcraft? 15-20 of 'normal' gameplay in starcraft 2 You will lose at the 7 minute mark if you mass lings... and even then you'll have what 40 lings and with too few drones harvesting in order to rebuild zerglings fast enough as they get owned ...well that is unless you are in the bronze league where nobody scouts or have more than 10 harvestors half the time
Pancakes

Return to Catherina's Play Room