the wii killed me

Video Games

the wii killed me

Postby erestor » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:30 pm

so i played ''mario and sonic olympics'' yesterday for over three hours; i am dead it is really hard to type. has anyone else felt this way after playing the wii, even after a couple minutes
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Re: the wii killed me

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Nopes. I used to (when I wasn't playing Alteil all day) play Wii for 2-3 hours a day, and not non-motion sensing games either. I have Prince of Persia, Okami and Metroid Prime 3. All of which require me to hold those arms UP! And when I got tired, I would either play Brawl or take a nap :P.

Then again, Sonic & Mario Olympics is probably tons of mini games with wacky arm swingy crazy hand eye co-ordinated insanity, in which case I have not felt your pain but I understand and symathize.

Correction: The first day I had Metroid Prime I played for around 6 hours - standing up arm point outward. I was stiff for a few days.
Candi

Postby GunCastor » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:03 pm

I think Resident Evil 4 did that to me once or twice, only when I played it for hours and hours without rest though. It doesn't help that I'm a total pansy when it comes to horror games like this though. Shooting games aren't exactly my expertise either. Despite all this, I had a lot of fun.
GunCastor

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:39 pm

Mario and Sonic olympics will beat the crud out of you if you play it for too long. The swimming events especially tend to leave my arms in a state of perpetual pain. Still in the end it hurts so good that I have no regrets.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby lupos » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 pm

I got that game as a gift, played like 5 mini games and hated every one of them :(

I just kept thinking I should be playing rayman or wario instead.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby erestor » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm

are you serious lupos...how can you hate them they are so much fun. yes swimming sucks and so does 100m and 110 hurdles [110 hurdles suck in real life] but once you unlock archery and stuff it gets a whole lot more fun.

edit i played from from when i started this thred till now...and gonna have a wii party tonight with brother and friends
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:06 pm

erestor wrote:are you serious lupos...how can you hate them they are so much fun. yes swimming sucks and so does 100m and 110 hurdles [110 hurdles suck in real life] but once you unlock archery and stuff it gets a whole lot more fun.

edit i played from from when i started this thred till now...and gonna have a wii party tonight with brother and friends

Guess we won't be duelling you any time soon.
I expect a few solid days of ice packs and arm rests are in store :P
Candi

Return to Catherina's Play Room