Recommendations for Visual Novels

Video Games

Re: Recommendations for Visual Novels

Postby phailures » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:32 am

Romdeau wrote:Wow...Saya no Uta is such a mind trip. I had an idea of what I had signed up when I read the description...but holy ****. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that doesn't have a tolerance for gruesome stories. Even if you can tolerate it, it's the kind of story that just kind of leaves you feeling empty after it's over. I don't regret it, it's just totally different from any other VN I've read so far. And yes, it was fairly short. Deleted it right after I finished the ending and haven't looked back.

Really? I really loved the story overall. I really liked the final good end. Sure it was somewhat sad, but it was a really good end. Speaking of which you did go through all 3 endings right?

azurewrath wrote:Ummmmm I'm thinking nice boat style or maybe Higurashi. Sounds fun ;th2 :D :lol:

It's probably more freaky than Higurashi at times. But then again I haven't read any of the answer arcs yet.
phailures

Postby azurewrath » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:53 am

Worse than maniacal laughing that ALMOST matches Marik from Yugioh?

azurewrath

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 am

I read 2 of them, could you PM me the 3 endings? I don't feel like re-installing.
Romdeau

Postby phailures » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 pm

azurewrath wrote:Worse than maniacal laughing that ALMOST matches Marik from Yugioh?

It's a different kind of screwed up.
phailures

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:53 am

I loved higurashi!

Although I am sad that the english version of it took out ALL the interactive aspects of the game...

I'm waiting on the final chapter (chapter 8) of umineko to be done translating...

btw, whats nice boat style?
Ginnazoh

Postby CainHyde » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:02 am

Ginnazoh wrote:btw, whats nice boat style?

It's probably something related to School Days anime ending.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:08 pm

I want to read the school day VN...I hear there are some semi-normal arcs in the VN at least relatively speaking compared to the psycho endings you have in SD anime and manga..
Ginnazoh

Postby CainHyde » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the amount of those bloody ending actually fewer than the non-bloody endings.
I am not talking about the HQ version though...
I never checked that version ending list for that version.
At the very least HQ version have 1 extra bloody ending, not sure about the non-bloody ending.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:45 pm

I'll see what JastUSA does with School Day since they're localizing it...but then they've been localizing DemonBane for like a year now and they even started with the fan translation...SO SLOW....

Thank god its not mangagamer considering how badly MG butchered Higurashi.....

I'm hoping episode 8 of umineko fan translation finishes soon...before someone licenses it then I have to wait like 2 years before it comes out.

Gah...I wish more akabeisoft2 games were translated...that company has me completely hooked after Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no mao...I like them as much as I like Type-Moon and Nitro+...

Lastly, is cross game any good? The game keeps bugging out on me so I've never finished it...
Ginnazoh

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:I'll see what JastUSA does with School Day since they're localizing it...but then they've been localizing DemonBane for like a year now and they even started with the fan translation...SO SLOW....

Thank god its not mangagamer considering how badly MG butchered Higurashi.....

Most of the delay on DemonBane release comes from nitroplus itself because they are relocating their HQ and well... nature. While I haven't read Higurashi, I am quite satisfied with MG translation of Kira Kira :) Not to mention they are quite fast, so prop to MG.

Ginnazoh wrote:Gah...I wish more akabeisoft2 games were translated...that company has me completely hooked after Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no mao...I like them as much as I like Type-Moon and Nitro+...

Last I check, the only good games (and very very good at that) created by them are only both you mention. It makes me think that the writer for their other games is different... For me, I'd be delighted to see Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai and Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu translated :D

Ginnazoh wrote:Lastly, is cross game any good? The game keeps bugging out on me so I've never finished it...

Do you mean Cross Channel?
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room