Recommendations for Visual Novels

Video Games

Re: Recommendations for Visual Novels

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 pm

ah yes cross channel...I was thinking of something else when I said cross game...*hint hint guess which anime i was rewatching xD*

Yea, I've heard the same thing that Demonbane is being postponed so much due to Nitro+ instead of JastUSA...

I heard both Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai and Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu are entertaining reads, although not epics likes FSN or Tsukihime, but still fun and entertaining.

I actually want to see Fortune Arterial translated as I've heard some great things about it and the anime really left me wanting to know more...wanting to know the true story.

I enjoyed Kira Kira but Higurashi (although the MG release is still a good read) got butchered pretty hard as it went from a mystery-detective-puzzle solving game to a plain read through like Planetarian...you don't even have to select any options...

I haven't really looked into Akabeisoft2's game but there are a few that intrigues me which I've heard of:
A Profile
Oresama no RagnaRock (I really like my mythology...especially Norse Mythology so xD)
Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo (seems to be related to Sharin no Kuni)
Ginnazoh

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Double Post:

But are the sequels to Chaos;head any good?

I actually enjoyed Chaos;head and how it tries to mess with your mind using the concept of self and personhood...but I have no idea what the sequels are like. I just heard about them a few days ago.
Ginnazoh

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Chaos Head doesn't have a sequel. But it has an expanded novel, Chaos Head Noah. Short story, Chaos Head doesn't offer individual routes while Noah has individual routes. I haven't checked Noah yet because it's not translated yet and only available in 360 ><" It also has fandisc, but it's not worth mentioning.

Fortune Arterial is currenty being translated, actively I think :P I'm also waiting for this one XD
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby imortal12233 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:07 pm

InfernityFan wrote:Fortune Arterial is currenty being translated, actively I think :P I'm also waiting for this one XD

if you can post here (or even better PM me) when they are done, would be very appreciated :D.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon May 02, 2011 10:46 am

which group is translating FA?

Also, theres this game called Steins;Gate...it at least seems to be the spiritual sequel of Chaos;head. Its by Nitro+ and 5pb again.
I'm hoping it gets translated since it looks pretty good.
Ginnazoh

Postby InfernityFan » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

ChuuChuu group is translating FA.

You can say Steins Gate is a standalone game, cause it is not really related with Chaos Head as far as I know. No one is translating them yet.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue May 03, 2011 2:45 am

Currently procuring muvluvalternative...THEN I CAN FINALLY CHECK OUT THE MUVLUV SERIES!

I have high expectations for muv luv limited and alternative..so should be good :D
Ginnazoh

Postby InfernityFan » Tue May 03, 2011 2:53 am

Ginnazoh wrote:Currently procuring muvluvalternative...THEN I CAN FINALLY CHECK OUT THE MUVLUV SERIES!

I have high expectations for muv luv limited and alternative..so should be good :D

;th2 ;th2 ;th2 ;th2 ;th2

Oh, and that only applies to Alternative. The rest of the series sucks.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 pm

I couldnt make it through the original muvluv...so I'm not holding my breath until alternative...although limited with all the fighting and mechs sounds cool.
Ginnazoh

Postby InfernityFan » Tue May 03, 2011 2:19 pm

hha, I'm pretty much like that too. So then, I just read the story summary (I forgot where did I read it...) of the previous games and started right away the alternative one ;th2

EDIT: Kotori ExP is out too btw, if you are interested in moe-moe romance story. Personally though, while I also mildly like that kind of game, my experience in playing Kotori route in Da Capo tells me to avoid this game :x Da Capo II is more excellent in that area.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room