Monster Hunter Tri

Video Games

Monster Hunter Tri

Postby Gota » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Anyone playing this?
Just got it yesterday and its hella fun!

Always wanted a game that hunts huge monsters and do quests, which sounds like a lot of other games right? But no, this one has great graphics and the monsters are very well done, each have their own behavior, attacks and weak points, etc. Its like a real hunt with different weapons and different spots you hit the monsters doing different damage, and you can even set traps and stuff while hunting. Items and supplies are also used in real time so you've gotta be cautious when using any item as well.

Upgrading armor and weapon with your spoils is of course another fun factor.
Online play is also free, up to a party of 4 people can hunt together.

You guys should check it out, definitely worth it.
The game is for Wii btw, probably one of the best games on Wii so far in my opinion. (Of course Zelda is as well ;) )
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Re: Monster Hunter Tri

Postby exemplar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:20 am

Tried the PSP one and the tutorial bored me to tears. This one have an easier learning curve? Also classic controller or wiimote/nunchuk?
Character conversations on hiatus until I get my photobucket sorted out.

Blog on hiatus until I find a new hosting site.
exemplar

Postby Gota » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 pm

This one from reviews said it was the best one out of the series.

You can use nunchuk or classic, but classic seems to be the easier one to control. however, classic is wired, nunchuk is wireless, so....

Loving it so far, it starts off easy with hunts for little monsters first to let you get the feel of things, but once you get to the big monsters, its hella fun. (saw the first boss at around 2 hours into the game, hes not very very big, but medium sized, looks like a raptor. "Great Jaggi")
You have to be prepared and it feels like a real hunt, you have to combine loots to make traps, make potions, and manage your items. Upgrading and forging weapons/armor, making potions/flash grenades/etc with loots from minerals, mushrooms, monster drops, bug, whatever you can find in the wild. You can venture into the wild to gather resources as well for whatever crafting materials you need, and random bosses will sometimes appear to beat the shat out of you for no reason if you are not prepared, that is always a fun factor, unexpected visits from a boss you never even seen before.

Its just like some anime and manga type adventure stories on hunting big monsters.

Some of the bosses are not cake walk either, they are really challenging.

Offline solo mode is considered beginners mode, and I've already spent like 40 hours on this game so far and only had it for around 4 days, still doing solo offline mode atm, because I don't wanna get online and be a total annoying noob starting out with like no armor and a standard noob sword and shield that does shat dmg LOL XD

Online multiplayer mode is much more challenging and monsters are stronger, teamwork is vital to everyone's survival is what I've been reading. Total of 3 deaths combined from the team will result in an instant loss on the mission. Or if time expires, usually max time allowed for each mission is 50 mins.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby FatalFart » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Played and finished(as in,able to slay white fatalis solo) the unite on PSP. Great game for sinking hours into it.

However I don't think I'd play 3rd portable unless there's official USA version or more complete english patch.
FatalFart

Postby Gota » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Yeah the 3rd portable is still recently new, December 2010 in japan i think?
USA will be a little bit, think they said April 2011.

Just slayed Lagiacrus(The monster on the box) for the first time! Woo :D
Gota

Return to Catherina's Play Room