Warhammer Online

Video Games

Warhammer Online

Postby Porky » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:47 am

BEWARE THE BOX!
So much anger and frustration-_- The installation froze during an Alteil game losing me 20pts, so then I installed it without any other programs running, finally to realise the game wouldn't run, 30mins later after another install same issue occurs, go on google to finally realise they stuffed up the installation DVDS. http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/4796703

So much rage aghhh, must vent it. Yes so if you install warhammer and can't run the patch.exe go to that site and download the fixed version.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Re: Warhammer Online

Postby Phades » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:17 pm

There is a percentage of disks that were shipped for the beta versions of the game which had this error occur. I don't have any hard numbers for it, but i know 2 people this happened to within the beta and beta versions and were able to work around this due to another individual having a non-corrupt disk. What I really don't get is why some online game companies insist on only using hard disk copies and not providing patch recovery tools to fix and or restore missing segments of the game while having a dedicated download serves to circumvent some problems similar to this, but EA's patcher failing on its own is something else entirely. In the end the only thing that should matter are the registry numbers and how they are obtained, since none of those games will operate without some kind of renewal method paid ahead of time.
Phades

Postby Osterzone » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:23 pm

I agree. I had a friend who had a similar problem with the game, but that was just because his computer was not up to spec.

I am personally having a blast in the game as a Chaos Marauder on Skavenblight server. Hey, maybe we can get an Alteil Guild going? But considering only two people have posted here so far, that might be hard to do right now.

;a18
See the power of the science!
Osterzone

Postby Phades » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm on the server with the wolf in the name. I think it is wolfenburg or something to that effect. I am playing order with a guild of people i know who are mostly related to my girlfriend at the moment.

A tip for anyone with renown points to spend for pvp specialization. Focus on weaponskil almost exclusively if you are a melee class. This improves your survival rate against anyone without excessive strength investment given the parry increases. Furthermore you will do more damage against all targets, especially "tank types" due to the inherent armor penetration bonus. Basically when you max it out, you treat a "tank" like a caster armor wise and keep yourself protected against other melee targets. For other "survival" means, focus on initiative. Avoiding damage is always better than attempting to mitigate it. Furthermore, strength is better than toughness since it applies damage bonus to the attack skills on top of the base auto attack, while attempting to overcome block and parry rates.
Phades

Postby Grain » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:58 pm

MMORPG's are blech.
Grain

Postby Osterzone » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:46 am

I think there is a tough decision between weapon skill and strength. I know that for my class, Marauder, if you go Path of Savagery, you are shooting to essentially become a tankbuster and thus, WS is preferred.

But Path of Brutality is about going in there, delivering a ton of damage in short time, then hightailing it out of Dodge. In this case, strength is better, since you simply want to crush your unarmored "soft targets" before you can even be targeted by other melee classes.

I don't know the other classes well, but I'm sure this kind of thinking is applicable to them somewhat.
Osterzone

Postby Phades » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:19 am

Osterzone wrote:I think there is a tough decision between weapon skill and strength. I know that for my class, Marauder, if you go Path of Savagery, you are shooting to essentially become a tankbuster and thus, WS is preferred.

But Path of Brutality is about going in there, delivering a ton of damage in short time, then hightailing it out of Dodge. In this case, strength is better, since you simply want to crush your unarmored "soft targets" before you can even be targeted by other melee classes.

I don't know the other classes well, but I'm sure this kind of thinking is applicable to them somewhat.

The problem with strength is that, even if you only go after soft targets, you can and will be snared making your attempt to go after said soft targets pointless. The strength setup will help put down people who are overextended, but without the weaponskill you are going to be killed off way faster as well due to the abscense of parry/block. The unfocused "power" approach is more applicable to the chaos magus, bright wizard and sorceress, since they have no need for willpower and strike from a distance.
Phades

Postby Osterzone » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am

Allow me to note that I am more or less playing Devil's Advocate, since I like going WS and Path of Savagery. But I've learned to respect Strength builds for these reasons:

If you go Strength with Path of Brutality, the skills you're given are for sneaking in and killing before the opponent can really react. I've seen a good brute marauder take down a mage in 6 seconds; less time than most mages can get a snare off, especially if the marauder was smart enough to get him by surprise/behind. I'm sure the same goes for Witch Hunters and their sneaking abilities.

While I know WS is good for some boosted defense, I feel it pays off more in PvE for me. In RvR, my stacked WSis great for busting tanks, but if I get snared going after a mage, I will likely be targeted by 6 or 7 opponents (if they are smart) who will kill me no matter what. Though, the WS may delay the inevitable for a second or two while backup pushes in.
Osterzone

Postby Phades » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:45 am

Osterzone wrote:Allow me to note that I am more or less playing Devil's Advocate, since I like going WS and Path of Savagery. But I've learned to respect Strength builds for these reasons:

If you go Strength with Path of Brutality, the skills you're given are for sneaking in and killing before the opponent can really react. I've seen a good brute marauder take down a mage in 6 seconds; less time than most mages can get a snare off, especially if the marauder was smart enough to get him by surprise/behind. I'm sure the same goes for Witch Hunters and their sneaking abilities.

While I know WS is good for some boosted defense, I feel it pays off more in PvE for me. In RvR, my stacked WSis great for busting tanks, but if I get snared going after a mage, I will likely be targeted by 6 or 7 opponents (if they are smart) who will kill me no matter what. Though, the WS may delay the inevitable for a second or two while backup pushes in.

Play a witch hunter or a witch elf then. That is the style of play that suits them. They crit upwards of over 5,000 damage at the tier 2 range. This is more than twice the life count that anyone has at that level of play, excluding tanks, but they are also +WS characters allowing them to bypass that defense.

Sidenote 1st edit: As a white lion you are going to get absurd amounts of +str already from your gear options and careear tactics. Just as a general reference, +73 strength equates out to roughly +9 on your auto attack damage and +18 on your weapon skill damage that you perform before mitigation. The small numbers for relative change here don't mean as much as the few percent you get through armor penenatration when your base damage scales up much higher through better weapons. Also, you can use potions of strength to enhance this further, but there is no such thing (from what ive seen so far) as a potion of weapon skill. There is a ballistic skill potion though....

2nd edit, i really don't like how the "trees" work with how you gain acess to have the option to spend points within those mastery trees. For example, how you can have 3 points built up into one area, you have to spend a 4th point to gain acess to the first trait. In the instance of the white lion, all 3 are careear tactics and by the time you get the option to pick it, you already have acess to a careear tactic that nets you +73 strength. Some of them you could feasably macro together to switch your tactic bars with a skill trigger, but there would still be the animation delay of the character activating those tactics each time as well.
Phades

Postby Rebaillion » Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I would help out. Unfortunately my computer could barely play the trial version with reduced features. I think it would keel over and die if I tried the full retail version.
Rebaillion

Return to Catherina's Play Room