Consoles

Video Games

Re: Consoles

Postby Xifax » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:33 pm

I started out with an N64 and then moved onto an Xbox. Since then I've mostly been gaming on the PC.

Kyoshi: Your GameGear is still working? Mine broke...six or seven years ago.
Alpha #67
;a38
Xifax

Postby DWildstar » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:27 pm

Kyoshi wrote:Which consoles do you have(including the older consoles such as dreamcast and older)?

Since when is the Dreamcast old? The video game industry in itself isn't all that old, much less starting with the Dreamcast era.

I have an original Gameboy, Gameboy SP, DS Lite, PSX, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360. When I was a kid I felt bad asking my parents to pay for an NES or SNES so the first I got was my Gameboy (still works!) When I was really young we had an Atari, but I don't remember playing it much.
DWildstar

Postby hickwarrior » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 am

Errm, i have a PSX(which is collecting dust, right now.), an NDS, had a SNES, and a psp. Oh, and a GBA SP. I usually did handhelds for some reason, guess i grew up with it. I think i like handhelds for what they are, never really played one of the homeconsoles, unlike the snes and PSX.

This one was made when a game I wanted try out came out. And the only good image was that girl. Go figure >>
hickwarrior

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:53 pm

DWildstar wrote:
Kyoshi wrote:Which consoles do you have(including the older consoles such as dreamcast and older)?

Since when is the Dreamcast old? The video game industry in itself isn't all that old, much less starting with the Dreamcast era.

Off-Topic-ish: The problem is younger generations seem to think things such as a Dreamcast is old. While truly the video game industry is quite young. Thus the reason for that. I never meant it was necessarily old though I said older. Meaning if something is 19 years old and the other is 20 years old the 20 year old is older. And the Dreamcast was a great innovation.

@Xifax:
Yes my GameGear still works but is it worth using six batteries to play an hour on it? And I just basically put it in storage, as of late, anyways.

[card=76]Random Card of Consoles[/card]
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby vtnwesley » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 pm

I used to have plenty, but they started taking up too much space. I also didn't use a lot of the older ones after the millionth playthrough of some of those games. I do regret getting rid of some of it. I think the SNES was probably the single best console in history.

Today, I have a roommate, which means game leeching. HE has a Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, Saturn, DS. I have a DS and a $30 Gamecube that I only got to more easily borrow the roommate's GC games ;) opportunistic, perhaps, but it works. I do absolutely adore the GBA and DS simply because the game selection reminds me a lot of the golden age of SNES (even when you don't count the ports and remakes). Just a lot of very high quality games.
vtnwesley

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

I have a Sega Genesis, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360 and a PC.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Phades » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 pm

All of the following still work:
Playstation 1-3
X-box
Turbographics-16 /w CD add-on (god i loved this system... YS >>>> zelda and bomber effing man rocked)
Nintendo (has more dust in it than a dust bunny), Super, 64
Sega master system, genesis, saturn (barely, need to get a new watch battery for it)

The following i still own, but do not work:
3DO - no, i am not going to re-solder the board and switch chips on it to get the JP games working or the memory controller working
Gameboy - and water don't mix...
Vetrex - umm yeah picture tube monochrome monitor... ><;
Atari 2600 - need to get a new power cord and boar test the connection area (;_;)
Commodore 64 ... I really don't feel like waiting for old style floppy or tape drive reading times and the cartridge games weren't that good compared to atari
Atari lynx ... wow what a waste of money ><; It is the first time i have heard a capacitor "squeal" before.

The following i have owned, but either returned or re-sold
Sega dreamcast - lol sucker... :?
X-box 360 - sigh.. i can rant here, but i am not going to. People are going to support whatever they "think" is best regardless.
Phades

Postby opposition » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:57 am

I currently own a ds light, ps1/X, ps2, psp, gba, gbc, N64, and several consoles from korea when I was young (I dont think they make those anymore, but it came with a 500-in-1 game).
opposition

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room