Danmaku Game Gallery

Video Games

Danmaku Game Gallery

Postby Rad!oZonde » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Alright here is my list so far. I'll update the list as much as I can.

Feel free to post scores [screenshots are best], challenge other members, suggest games for friendly competition, and share techniques.

Friendly competition for now.

GunRoar Summary: You're on a boat and everyone hates you.

rRootage here you can choose how you play the game. You have from four different game styles to choose from. This is a 'boss fight' type of game. You shoot a beam in attempt to destroy the boss. However, it will grow stronger the closer you get to defeating it.

Tumiki Fighters A 'sticky shooter'. Once enemies are defeated, you can attach their dead bodies to your ship, Thus making your ship stronger. Yes even bosses can be used as extra parts to your ship. The catch is that your hitbox [the area that counts as a miss if you are hit by a bullet] grows bigger. The plus side is that, if you can pull it off, you can get bonuses for every dead enemy body on you.

Parsec47 A textbook shooter, but very nice in visuals.

Titanion Galaga clone with unique mode play.

NomlTest [click the button with the arrow pointing to the box to download. Be sure to allow the popup.] Another textbook shooter. Very hypnotic atmosphere to
will add more once I get the time to review.

Score posting: Have a screenshot and a description of the mode and level of difficulty if the information isn't in the screenshot.
Last edited by Rad!oZonde on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Re: Danmaku Game Gallery

Postby Awod » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:10 pm

rRootage was pretty interesting, the IKA game mode is my favorite the boss shoots 2 types of bullets red and white and your ship has the ability to switch between absorbing red or white then converting it to a laser to damage the boss. Makes for interesting gameplay. Sorry no screenies yet.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Rad!oZonde » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:19 pm

It's ok if you don't have a screenshot to post lol it will take a while to get a really satisfying score.

What helps me a bit in the harder levels in rRootage is that once you highlight a level in the menu and wait for a bit, it'll play through the patterns in a preview kind of way. It'll erase any certain surprises that come up during gameplay.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Made around 170000 in Tumiki, tried again, didnt get higher.

Then I found out that my PrtScn key wasn't working. :D

Postby Rad!oZonde » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:22 am

azarael wrote:Made around 170000 in Tumiki, tried again, didnt get higher.

Then I found out that my PrtScn key wasn't working. :D

lol that happened to me in more than one case
I'll find a screen capture program to help with this
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Yurie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:18 pm

I have a few games that are pretty fun.

Warning Forever http://www18.big.or.jp/~hikoza/Prod/ is a boss-rush style shooter. It's you in your little ship against the mysterious Pure Heart. As you kill it, the boss returns with bigger weaponry and more armor, which adapts to the methods you use to kill it. Extremely addictive.

Blue Wish Ressurection http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/x_xgameroom/Works/works.html is an excellent free danmaku shooter. Great graphics, intense gameplay.
Alpha #453 ;a41
Yurie

Postby Rad!oZonde » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Yurie wrote:I have a few games that are pretty fun.

Warning Forever http://www18.big.or.jp/~hikoza/Prod/ is a boss-rush style shooter. It's you in your little ship against the mysterious Pure Heart. As you kill it, the boss returns with bigger weaponry and more armor, which adapts to the methods you use to kill it. Extremely addictive.

Blue Wish Ressurection http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/x_xgameroom/Works/works.html is an excellent free danmaku shooter. Great graphics, intense gameplay.

I've been meaning to play Blue Wish for the longest time. lol I have to check out Warning Forever. I heard that it spawned a RTS type game a while ago. I think it was called Battleships Forever
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Xifax » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:20 pm

I haven't played Warning Forever but it looks very much like Battleships Forever from the screen shots. Battleships Forever is a pretty fun game. The build-your-own ship editor adds a lot of play time.
Alpha #67
;a38
Xifax

Return to Catherina's Play Room