Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Re: Why I hate World of Warcraft

Postby Azul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Disagreement. I think sisyphean is reserved for such tasks that are unstoppable and inevitable, not that which is repetitive. But maybe that's an viewpoint you only get from reading Camus.
Azul

Postby Grain » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Azul wrote:Disagreement. I think sisyphean is reserved for such tasks that are unstoppable and inevitable, not that which is repetitive. But maybe that's an viewpoint you only get from reading Camus.

Sisyphus is forced to do something ridiculous and unfun and pointless forever and ever. That's how I see epic flying mounts and raiding.

Raiding and raiding and raiding until you're driven insane. And then what comes next? I new expansion! Ten more levels until you go back to raiding and raiding and raiding. The battlegrounds were no different.

The word has a static definition labeled onto it, but, in essence, it's meant to denote something that seems like the punishment of Sisyphus.
Grain

Postby deathmasterb » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:03 pm

You know, Ghost Online wasn't bad. It was 2D, like Maple Story, but faster-paced, with shiny graphics, and other features you typically had to pay for in other MMORPGs. Plus it was story driven, and most of the in-game music was pretty good. But you had to be a certain level to continue the story. Once you hit lv 20 or so, it gets boring. Then again, I like level grinding and games like Maple Story, so I may be biased. I've never played WoW, though. Not that I have anything against it. I'm just cheap. ;)
deathmasterb

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room