L5R ~ Just saying.

TCG's

Re: L5R ~ Just saying.

Postby mijorre » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:05 pm

I'd say buy some stuff now, boosters from Glory of the Empire, as they will be legal in Celestial Edition.
And then it's just waiting for the summer release to begin real play :).
In the meanwhile, look for a local l5r group, our players tend to have some decks to spare for teaching purposes anyway, saving you quite some money (for starting at the end of an arc is hell).
mijorre

Postby arfort » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Funny, I was also a dragon player when I played a few years back. I had a mean dragon duelling deck back in the Diamond era. But every time they reboot the system, you basically put your 20-100$ deck in the trash and have to start buying all over again. I thought it was a pain. And the game is pretty hard for new players. It reminds me of Alteil somewhat. People would buy starters and pick up free commons from established player, play a few game, get owned every single time and then they never play again.
arfort

Postby Rebaillion » Wed May 20, 2009 7:48 pm

I did enjoy L5R. I might play again if ever I can find another group of players. However I'm so far out of the loop I'm practically in the next orbiting solar system. The only play I ever did of note was cancelling an ancestral sword with the scorpion Martyr and Dig two graves. This was years ago. However I was never any good at the game. Even though I enjoyed it.
Rebaillion

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:59 pm

good luck in L5R mijo ^^
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Previous

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt