Worst luck pulling cards from packs

TCG's

Worst luck pulling cards from packs

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:05 pm

I figured I'd start a thread for people to vent about some of the worst luck they've had when opening packs of cards.

I'll start with what was almost bad luck. Back when I played yugioh I rarely bought boxes, instead I usually just bought the singles I wanted, but for whatever reason one day I got a box, I believe it was the 36 pack boxes they used to have (not sure if they do anymore) and after opening every pack, I hadn't pulled the secret rare which was the whole reason I had gotten the box in the first place! After alot of feeling depressed and throwing away pack wrappers I found one pack left, it had gotten hidden under a wrapper, and the secret rare was in the last pack.

In Zatchbell the card game there was only one rarity higher then normal rare, super rare, and you theoretically should get 2 per box. I bought a box and a half and didn't pull a single super rare! Then my friend goes and buys 3 packs and pulls 2 super rares!

Luck is a fickle mistress however as later that same friend bought a box of yugioh, now this was after there weren't secret rares anymore, so obviously he didn't pull any of those, but he also didn't pull a single ultra rare in his entire box X_X Just tons of terrible normal rares and a hand full of supers.

In dragon ball z, the first set that every came out, I got I believe 2-3 boxes, and failed to pull a single ultra rare (this however I found out wasn't as bad luck as I thought as DBZ had one of the most ridiculous ultra distribution rates in any card game I've ever played).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Worst luck pulling cards from packs

Postby Allied » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm

But dbz was a amazing card game to
Allied

Postby Skyress » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:52 pm

lol u should go around wearing a horseshoe tied to ur neck. i remember when i was little, my aunt took me and my cousin to the yu-gi-oh movie and they were giving out these packs that contained 2 cards from the movie. i believe i got the shining blue eye's dragon and the light pyramid thing while my cousin on the other hand got these little pink puff ball thing... lolz there were 2 of the puff ball in his pack :lol: but i usually get decent cards. but i havent a card game in like ages except for bs and thirteen where we use the regular cards.
Skyress

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:31 am

Feels like I missed something, not playing those games. They never were popular over here in the Netherlands.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Illyasviel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:21 pm

I seem to inversely control my luck with packs of cards. If I tell someone to choose a pack for me, I get something decent. If I choose myself, I get squat. If I mention anything about the rarity of the card in their chosen pack, it's always a low level rare, otherwise it's way up there. (Like the secret Ghost Foile of Chaos Neos from a few sets back for YGO.)

I had decent luck for Zatchbell, bought ten packs and got four Supers.

Bought a ton of DBZ, especially the first set, got three Ultras.

For MtG, I went to a booster draft tourney, back for whichever set had the various Avatars (the big bruiser creatures, not the ones who gave you abilities in the GY.) Pulled two and a G Legend. Lost horribly so I didn't get to keep any, but still. Also managed to buy a half-0dozen packs from a glitched box of Magic, which had three rares in every pack. Got some really nice stuff, especially a Clone and a Grinning Demon.

Got plenty of Foil rares for the .hack card game, I think I'm only missing one card from the first and the third sets, respectively.

My very first pack of PokeMon, I got a First edition Charizard.

But for all these good stories, I've had even more bad ones. It all comes down to... the luck of the draw!
(And yeah, can you tell I bought lots of different card games back in the day? Ani-Mayhem, YGO, MtG, Sailormoon, Cardcaptors, L5R, Guardians, Rage, Wyvern, Vampire, Magi Nation, .hack, Yuyu Hakusho, Zatchbell, Hecatomb, Neopets, Harry Potter, Overpower, Shaman King, Avatar, DBZ, Star Wars, Star Trek, Monster Rancher, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Mechwarrior, Xxxenophile!, FF8 Triple Triad!, Gundam War, PokeMon, DigiMon, and I'm sure a few others I can't remember right now.)
Illyasviel

Postby Osterzone » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:33 pm

I generally have bad luck with anything relying on chance - especially buying packs of cards. It's gotten so bad that I now let other people pick the packs for me.

Though the worst incident had to be pulling boxes of the collectible Kingdom Hearts figurines while at an anime dealer's room. I pulled 2 Jaffars (the black/white version, no less), and then I got a Kairi, which would have been...acceptable, but later found out it was missing a key piece that kept it together. All these at $10 a pop!

Sorry if that's a little off topic, but I thought it suited the tone of the conversation.
;a18
See the power of the science!
Osterzone

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Osterzone wrote:I generally have bad luck with anything relying on chance - especially buying packs of cards. It's gotten so bad that I now let other people pick the packs for me.

Though the worst incident had to be pulling boxes of the collectible Kingdom Hearts figurines while at an anime dealer's room. I pulled 2 Jaffars (the black/white version, no less), and then I got a Kairi, which would have been...acceptable, but later found out it was missing a key piece that kept it together. All these at $10 a pop!

Sorry if that's a little off topic, but I thought it suited the tone of the conversation.
;a18

Why did you necro this thread? >_<
EvilGenius

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm guessing he wanted to post about his bad luck and like a good forum goer rather then create a new topic he did a search to see if one already existed and found this one and thus added on to it.

... or maybe he was just looking through old posts for fun and this one caught his eye?

Regardless its not like its really outdated or anything so I don't see any issue with reviving this old thread.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:34 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:I'm guessing he wanted to post about his bad luck and like a good forum goer rather then create a new topic he did a search to see if one already existed and found this one and thus added on to it.

... or maybe he was just looking through old posts for fun and this one caught his eye?

Regardless its not like its really outdated or anything so I don't see any issue with reviving this old thread.

I do it too, so ;th2 :twisted: I thought he was usurping my role.
EvilGenius

Postby SadistOkita » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 am

My corpses were stolen! Without them i can't raise an army! :O
SadistOkita

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt