Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby gaogaigirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm trying to balance the positive and negative space as well as making the two sides s mirror of each other. the positions of all parts are the same on both sides so to you it is the opposite. here is further progress of today's conecpts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27295792@N04/8514360156/in/photostream
User avatar
gaogaigirl
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby Khiruki » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Woah. That would get some getting used to...
ImageImage
User avatar
Khiruki
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby Callonia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Why did you choose to reverse the order that soul skills go off in?

Although I think i like the 2nd picture compared to the first.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby Aoi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

I like it, though im with call on the ss order thing, its feels weird seeing it like that.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Aoi
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby Cambadillac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Making the SS flow from left to right is how it SHOULD be. Having it the opposite way is just confusing and stupid for new players. It should flow the same way you order it in the file editing page. Consistency is important. I remember when i first started how confused i was at the reversing of the order. It was sloppy that it was never mentioned anywhere. I've even played new people who have made the same mistake. Good catch MM.
Cambadillac
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 am

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby Icyglare » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:09 pm

!! Why haven't I noticed all these years that file editor is left to right and ingame is right to left.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
User avatar
Icyglare
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby Callonia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Cambadillac wrote:Making the SS flow from left to right is how it SHOULD be. Having it the opposite way is just confusing and stupid for new players. It should flow the same way you order it in the file editing page. Consistency is important. I remember when i first started how confused i was at the reversing of the order. It was sloppy that it was never mentioned anywhere. I've even played new people who have made the same mistake. Good catch MM.


Except for the fact it wasn't confusing to me.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

gaogaigirl wrote:I'm trying to balance the positive and negative space as well as making the two sides s mirror of each other. the positions of all parts are the same on both sides so to you it is the opposite. here is further progress of today's conecpts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27295792@N04/8514360156/in/photostream

That does look amazing and makes alteil look less like an autodated game.

I think the lower side needs to become narrower and the upper part more large and wider so people can clearly see the card image. Otherwise there will be issues for new players and even for old players when new cards come out and they need to get used to the card art.


Anyways, very nice art and design. I like it an awful lot.


But please change SS order back to the way it is now.


Why is there text in japanese? >_>
Who exactly is developing this? You or the jp team? :/
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:20 pm

ForgotPassNotWorking wrote:
gaogaigirl wrote:I'm trying to balance the positive and negative space as well as making the two sides s mirror of each other. the positions of all parts are the same on both sides so to you it is the opposite. here is further progress of today's conecpts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27295792@N04/8514360156/in/photostream

That does look amazing and makes alteil look less like an autodated game.

I think the lower side needs to become narrower and the upper part more large and wider so people can clearly see the card image. Otherwise there will be issues for new players and even for old players when new cards come out and they need to get used to the card art.


Anyways, very nice art and design. I like it an awful lot.


But please change SS order back to the way it is now.


Why is there text in japanese? >_>
Who exactly is developing this? You or the jp team? :/


Just a thought, the soul skill order could be a user setting :)
User avatar
MysteryMan
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby harvest4god » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:26 pm

gaogaigirl wrote:I'm trying to balance the positive and negative space as well as making the two sides s mirror of each other. the positions of all parts are the same on both sides so to you it is the opposite. here is further progress of today's conecpts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27295792@N04/8514360156/in/photostream


That looks awesome.
Image
harvest4god
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron