What games does alteil remind you off

TCG's

What games does alteil remind you off

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 pm

I still haven't been able to play the actual game yet, but just based on the things I've seen in the tutorial and read in the glossary already I'm noticing some similarities to other card games. One similarity that wasn't explained in the tutorial so I don't know much about yet is soul cards, which reminds me of the shields in Duel Masters. In Duel Masters at the start of every game you'd place 5 cards from the top of your deck face down in front of you, every time you took a hit to your life you'd add one of those cards to your hand (and if they had special shield trigger abilities get to activate it). Soul cards from what I understand are very similar, you once again have 5 of them and once again they influence your life total (though instead of being worth 1 life point each it seems different cards can add as few as 0 or as many as 3 to your life total) and they once again have special abilities that can activate (soul skills).

Another similarity is with the online card game I played briefly once called Beserk (or something similar) which also used the 3x3 field system almost identically to how this one is used (except they also had a special additional slot for flyers who were considered above the battle field.

Anyone else feeling some similarities?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: What games does alteil remind you off

Postby erestor » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:13 am

i haven't played any card games except for the early stages of magic
but i did play alteil on alpha launch
in simplicity it is just like early magic
with the card having its basic attack and defend [even though 90% of the cards here have no defense]
and special skills...and the spheres are like manna
but the story line would that have some relation to yu-gi-oh
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby KitsuneN » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:42 pm

I agree with the "its like Magic" post. it really is. I got to play at the pre-alpha at A-kon and i played a yellow deck ;a41 (Refess) which plays like a mono-white deck in Magic. But i like teh life points system its kinda like the World of Warcraft TCG in that aspect. you play allies to prevent damage to your hero and you lose when your hero is out of life points. so it seems to have something from most card games that someone who at least plays one will find a similarity. I personaly play (or have played) ALOT of TCGs: DBZ, WoW, Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, Digimon, etc. And i see alot of them in this game but no matter what you do SOMETHING is going to be similar between games no matter what you do all card games will at least have one similarity, so its kinda fun to pick them out ^_^.
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE MUFFIN! THE MUFFIN WILL CRUSH ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE IT, THE MUFFIN WILL SMITE ALL NAY SAYERS! HE WHO CONTROLS THE MUFFIN SHALL CONTROL THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!
KitsuneN

Location: we ll if you know your there and im here, seems kinda reduntant to ask dontcha think?

Postby Rad!oZonde » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm surprised no one mentioned 'The Eye of Judgment' yet. What I mean is that each players playing field reminds me of that game. I'm sorry if my post is confusing, almost no one knew this game existed when it came out for the ps3.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:09 pm

To me it is a totally unique game because for one it is played online. Yes the mechanics are slightly the same to some other games or to say in a better term it shares the same characteristics with some games but yet is completely unique.

[card=36]Random Card!?[/card]
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Captain Von Furry » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Some thing called Super Dudes when I was 12, never knew what happened to it.
Yiff yiff, fur fur, yay yay yay!
Captain Von Furry

Postby darkdrium » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Definitely MTG. The gameplay is similar to an extent, but it mostly reminds me of it due to the different types/colors eerily mirroring the ones in Magic, right down to the philosophies of each. However, what makes this game different from many other games I've played is the random attacking, which brings a uniqueness to each game, and the fact that you start off with your whole deck in your hand.
What happened to the good time music?
darkdrium

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:00 pm

The game reminds me of several different games.

It reminds me of the Duel Masters Trading Card Game with the Soul Cards resembling the shields in that game as well as the four factions. Then there's the more recent version of the Star Wars Trading Card Game in the sense of the use of SP to pay for cards. It also reminds me of a generic miniatures game with the ability to play cards that can be moved across a 3x3 board.

Other than that, that is all I can think of.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby kitsunekit » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Actually the rules are almost the same as Wyvern TCG, a TCG released alongside magic back in 1993.

The major differences are (besides the flavor; Wyvern was ALL dragons) the introduction of 4 different types of resources(which is very much like Magic or Duel Monsters), and a third back row (Wyvern used the same "row" system as Alteil for range and attacking, etc...).

Another difference is Wyvern used Treasure cards, which attach to your rows and affect all battlers in those rows. You could also select who you attack, and you can put dragons face down. Instead of dragons, you could also set Terrains, which (with the exception of Scout attackers) would usually debuff the attacking dragons.

There were no HP, Def, etc... and very few dragons had effects, but being on a computer makes that possible without headaches.
kitsunekit

Postby Taikobo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:17 pm

I get a very strong duel masters vibe. I think however Duel Masters has already disappeared entirely. I could be wrong about that one but I haven't heard mention of it made in ages. I also think this one has consistently more strategy than the aforementioned title and offers up what I suspect will be a (eventually) larger played base due to the ease of access via internet.
Taikobo

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt