Warstorm CCG - it went beyond my expectations

TCG's

Warstorm CCG - it went beyond my expectations

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Amazing! I never thought i could find a card game dumber than urban rivals! Never, but this game made the impossible possible!

I tried before to play it, but then my browser was freezing when entering a battle. But now i had the oportunity to enjoy bullsheet at its best! If that's what you seek, then this is the thing you've been looking for.

The "brownies" that you can savour to no end:
- you can't control the battle
- you actually even MUST pay for that crap to have strong cards and to have a chance?! Go die!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: Warstorm CCG - it went beyond my expectations

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Um... did you spend money on it or something, I'm surprised by how angry you sound from your post. I've played the game too and found it lacking, but it didn't really upset me cause I only played their free content then moved on.

I didn't really care for warstorm myself, mainly off put by the terrible balance (which I'm pretty sure from your post also bothered you) that favors high paying players to an absurd level with the ultra rare cards being literaly identical to common cards, same name and everything, but having better stats. I did, however, actually kind of like their "you build a deck, then the computer plays it for you" battle system though. I mean don't get me wrong, given the choice between letting an AI play for me and doing it myself I'd always rather do it myself, but it was a kind of breath of fresh air and allowed them to have a tremendous amount of single player content.

So yeah, I'd give warstorm a 2/5, I didn't think it was as horrible as you apparently did, but I rarely support a game that is not only poorly balanced, but goes out of its way to be unbalanced so that top paying players have a clear advantage.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby neviscus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 pm

well I played it too, I didn't pay for it either, I much rather enjoyed alteil and elements leagues more, At least in those you have some control, I enjoy random aspects, but let me choose every once in a while
neviscus

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Um... did you spend money on it or something, I'm surprised by how angry you sound from your post

You missinterpret. I am just very disgusted when i find a bad game like that.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Hmm, never heard of this game, so I guess I'll have to try it out one day and see how horrible it is myself. But wow, according to their forums statistics, they have 210000+ total members (Though, I guess a huge amount of them aren't there anymore if the game is really that bad, but still, that's quite a large amount of members to have gotten overall).

Makes me curious on what they're doing right to have gotten that popular and what Alteil's lacking to do the same.
Jonathan

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Jonathan wrote:Makes me curious on what they're doing right to have gotten that popular and what Alteil's lacking to do the same.

You just have to connect somehow whatever game you try to advertise to twitter, facebook and other such sites. Those sites already have a huge community, where people always advertise to their friends (or almost always) since by advertising you get some bonuses at times or you do it just for the sake of bragging.

So if alteil would connect to those and would enable linking results of achievements you have (or you just print them, glue them on your back take a pic and post them) then they could advertise a lot more i guess.

Also warstorm adds are all over the place when you look for a free card game or browser game.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Jonathan wrote:Makes me curious on what they're doing right to have gotten that popular and what Alteil's lacking to do the same.

hay guise nice post i found this kool game u can play for free and online and hot womens try it out
http://warstormccg/myreferrallink
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Harion » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:25 pm

lol. i spent on Warstorm too
regretted it greatly
i should've spent that $100 on Alteil
but i was on that frustration-binge-with-alteil mood
back in the days when the Alteil team seemed deaf to our complaints...

it really is that bad
my only consolation is: i've stopped playing it and wouldn't have to endure
the awesome dumbing down power of this game
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Well, started playing Warstorm a week a go. The game really is that horrible, gameplay wise, yet it was sort of interesting, with most of the strategy being focused around the "deck" building. The balance is pretty bad, as most of the Human and Elf units are strictly worst than most of the units in other races, and free players will probably be able to use only Human and Elf units, since the only type of packs that you'll receive are Novice Packs, which contain just these units.

Yet, I do have to give Warstorm some merit for giving many incentives to play the game, such as having a single player campaign, Novice Packs at every level up, achievements that reward Novice Packs and certain cards, 2 Novice Packs for winning 3 ladder matches daily, and Reward Points for doing ladder matches. I was to get about every single card from the Novice Packs just by doing the single player campaign, ladder matches, and from level ups. I was also able to obtain some cards from Expert Packs by using the Reward Points that I had gained from ladder matches.

So overall, the game is ok but it's something that I would never consider spending on. I did enjoy how quickly you were able to obtain new cards for free, even if they were only cards from Novice Packs, it just felt rewarding being able to gather a collection so fast by just playing the game. If Warstorm's gameplay was better, the game overall would probably be decent, but with the "watch and hope things go well" gameplay, the game just fails.
Jonathan

Postby divinerose » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Guys if you're playing on warstorm.com then I'm sorry to say that game's "almost but not yet dead"
However if you guys could give Facebook Warstorm a try I bet you'll find things quite different there.
divinerose

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt