Swordgirls TCG

TCG's

Re: Swordgirls TCG

Postby Callonia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Gota wrote:I like that it has a 'workable' goal for free players, where they know how to achieve it and in a reasonable amount of time, rather than alteil, where every card obtaining option is essentially random, minus point cards but even that is at the mercy of events... and they are not all mighty since they exclude EX cards and alt arts.

How do u know that for sure xD
Callonia

Postby Gota » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 pm

because you still improve your deck a long the way towards your next card by making more 'ingredients' that can be used for your deck.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Teru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Sometimes it's even hard to make the decision whether to make the card or keep the ingredients. I sometimes get too attached to cards, even if at first I only synthesized those cards in order to make another card.

Welp, more grinding can always solve that.

It's really nice because you don't need multiple copies of a card for it to be playable. I feel like I'm improving my deck with each match, constantly adding new and stronger cards by using the materials I collect. I don't always get the materials I need; I have like no red stones left and tons of green, blue, and black stones, but I guess this just encourages me to try out cards from different factions.
Teru

Postby Romdeau » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:28 pm

I'll probably check the English version because I'm curious about the gameplay now.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:39 pm

New banner up now saying Closed Beta starts on oct 12th
Callonia

Postby Ahina » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:54 pm

PvM? Grindable content? Rewards for at least trying to play through matches? Though the combat does sound a bit simplistic.

Any idea what kind of cash shop they're running? That seems like the big question... I'm guessing they probably sell materials, but dunno what else. (Or maybe more something that increases drop rates, but that can't be it.)
Ahina

Postby Teru » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:56 pm

The item shop just has card packs. There are four packs for each set: one for each faction. Each pack has 16 cards in total, and when you buy a pack, you get one of those cards at random. Each pack costs 200 GP. So it's 200 GP for one random card from your choice faction and set. Currently, there are four available sets (called "Episodes") and one EX set.

You can also buy the starters (these also contain materials) from other factions for 4000 GP each.

There's also a beginner pack that costs 50 GP for one card from the faction of your choice drawn from a limited card pool. It's not in my shop page anymore though, so either I'm not a beginner anymore or it was a limited time thing only.

The current GP prices are 1 South Korean Won per GP (there are GP bonuses though for bigger purchases), which translates to about $3 for 3300 GP. CPC is totally legit.

GP isn't just used in the shop, however, you can also use GP in the card training menu (you upgrade your cards here to give them better stats), or the item hunt menu (autofind materials over time), or the alchemy menu (exchange materials for other materials). It costs 500 GP for something in the card training menu (no idea what it does, maybe it gives you higher training success rates?), 500 GP for a treasure map in the item hunt menu (allows you to autohunt for better materials), and 100 GP for a reset in the alchemy menu (you can only exchange 5 times daily; this resets the count). You can also buy a camp for 200 GP in a dungeon that makes it so that you don't go down a floor when you lose a match (but if you lose to the boss, you still go back to floor 1).

They're just nice bonuses to have, but aren't too great. I think I'd rather just buy tons of packs instead.

As a side note, I'm only 17 Red Ore (and like, one Stockings) away from my Crimson Witch Maid~

Second best card in the entire faction. I'm going to have to use like half my deck as ingredients though
Teru

Postby Savin877 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Its too premature to say anything yet and I will have to keep my eye on the NA website but if their marketing team is smart, this could turn out very very well. I am cautiously optimistic about this.
Savin877

Postby Callonia » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 am

That crimson maid sure is cute xD
Callonia

Postby Nerdstick » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Got a bit addicted to this after seeing the localization announcement, personally favoring the Public School faction. Can anybody elaborate on how the card training system works?

I was also looking through the shop for a while. Is it possible to earn every card in the game through crafting, or are there some which are cash exclusive? Thanks!
Nerdstick

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt