Swordgirls TCG

TCG's

Re: Swordgirls TCG

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 pm

It is and you usually do.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Shirozaki wrote:It is and you usually do.

I may give this game a go - have tried others from this forum - they are different but generally prefer alteil- more sophisticated.

Anyone recommend I try Swordgirls.

Is it really all that/ that good.

How does it compare to alteil and also carte, warstorm,urban rivals and elements the game if you have played any of them

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 pm

On the good side, you have good card availability (the shop options are arguably worse than Alteil, but every card is craftable, so assuming you have patience you can get most cards), pretty card art (and the ability to enlargen art), and solo-driven, but not limited to, gameplay.
On the bad side is an almost automatic battle system, which makes input from the user obsolete, you place the cards and they brawl it out themselves (you can alt tab out of the game), repetitive grinding and sometimes cheap fanservicey art.

Ironically there is a card in set 1 that reminds me a lot of Alteil's Guardian, it's called Pintail and gains strength and defense the more often it gets attacked by cards of lower size (with a size of 4, while the maximum size in set one is 5 there aren't that many that can stomp it downright), and paired with Crux's (The "Knight" and "Church" faction) inherent ability to raise HP, Def and size, it can stomp low size rushes all by its own in the hands of a good user.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Shirozaki wrote:On the good side, you have good card availability (the shop options are arguably worse than Alteil, but every card is craftable....,.

seems a bit like alteils point card system. Alteil seems better.

Sword girls reminds me of elements the game - but in that game cards are super easy to get - a game for the free player - You cannot play - just donate- gives you a rare weapon which is easy to get in other ways. They reward you for playing against npcs- good chance of getting copies of cards in opponents deck if you win. Maybe try it out or read the thread on elements here.

Still swords seems worth a try.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Icyglare » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:11 am

Hmm.... from what was being said, I guess I can break out my old mouse movement recorder and have it grind me some stuff while I'm at school/work
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 am

Seems like there won't be a wipe after OBT finishes. If that is true then Imma start playing sword girls nao.
Callonia

Postby Patrick123 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:39 am

OMG! Finally here! O.O

One Direction to swordgirls!
Patrick123

Postby Gota » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

The months of wait made me lost my excitement for its OB release, heh.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:32 pm

welp, decided to check this game out. Where can swordsgirls noob find you Alteil homies? I'm using the same name.
Romdeau

Postby Teru » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:09 am

Well-designed, stylistically-consistent art
Great CPC (the cash shop is a lot better than Alteil's, even though Shiro may have said otherwise)
Actually "free to play"

Bad gameplay ;_;

There is nothing unique. Every card is literally just a collection of attack, defense, and HP. Magic cards either buff these stats, or lower these stats. Nothing else happens in Sword Girls. Basically, what all competitive play comes down to is finding the most efficient way to buff your units, or debuff your opponent's units. Oh, and winning a coin flip.

I'm also using the same name there. But I probably won't be playing much at all.
Teru

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt