Swordgirls TCG

TCG's

Re: Swordgirls TCG

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 am

It's generally accepted within the community that the shop rates are horrible, where double rares are slightly below 1% and commons lack diversity, and should only be used for craft material and alchemy/training/dungeons and whatnot.

Romdeau wrote:welp, decided to check this game out. Where can swordsgirls noob find you Alteil homies? I'm using the same name.

I found it hilarious to see Skorn and some other Alteil guys talk on the forum.
I'm usually on channel 4 or 1.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Romdeau » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:18 am

We need a designated "this is where Alteil people meet" channel, so we can be awesome and dominate the chat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems tokens are strictly payer's currency? Also the amount of grind in this game (if you want to be free) is a little off putting. Just in my first day, it felt pretty hard to see the light at the end of tunnel-seems like it would take 2-3 weeks of daily grind to craft a decent rare. Am I mistaken?
Romdeau

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:22 am

Token is pretty much the gran, yes. And yes, you need to grind a lot, especially if you want to get decent rares and a decent transformation.

Oh, and make sure not to add too much rares at the beginning, as it uselessly increases your deck points.
Also don't forget that you can add friends by their nickname alone and help them train their cards.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Callonia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:55 am

I hang out in channel 4 usually because Luthica yo.
Callonia

Postby Patrick123 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Channel 4 has nice boobs. :shock:

Shirozaki wrote:Ironically there is a card in set 1 that reminds me a lot of Alteil's Guardian, it's called Pintail and gains strength and defense the more often it gets attacked by cards of lower size (with a size of 4, while the maximum size in set one is 5 there aren't that many that can stomp it downright), and paired with Crux's (The "Knight" and "Church" faction) inherent ability to raise HP, Def and size, it can stomp low size rushes all by its own in the hands of a good user.

I find the flag girl a lot better. Also Pintail wont do any good if you lower her size to get more stuff on the field.
Patrick123

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:36 am

welp, I therefore designate channel 4 as official Alteil SG channel. Feel free to add me.
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:28 pm

OK my initial impressions of PvP in this game is that it's really bland. Like, bland enough to make me want to quit. As much as I like the idea of being rewarded for grinding, at the end of the day-you're grinding to use those cards against other players. At least for me it is. I'm not entertained enough by stomping bots to continue playing a game. Maybe some people are, I'm not one of them.

The PvP at low DB boils down to-get lucky and snowball 1-2 of your larger creatures into oblivion. Chances are, your opponent won't have a spell to remove it. That's it.

OK I know Alteil has it's faults, but it has infinitely more strategy and gameplay involved then swordgirls. Like, it's on a completely different level. It's embarrassing really, that a game with such shallow gameplay is way more popular then Alteil.
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Romdeau wrote: It's embarrassing really, that a game with such shallow gameplay is way more popular then Alteil.

Alas, the sad reality...

I play Alteil even though I play MTG and YGO... because it's different and the concept is really great. Now, the pricing is... not ideal.
wakka9ca

Postby Ropey » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:33 pm

It's Cute..but I'm a grown man.I have nieces,and would love to see them play.but grown men PvP?
Again it is a cultural thing.When the singing Divas hit.Well I struggled with it.Nice looking little game.The quick eye full I got on youtube.The art is very nice.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby CainHyde » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 am

wakka9ca wrote:
Romdeau wrote: It's embarrassing really, that a game with such shallow gameplay is way more popular then Alteil.

Alas, the sad reality...

I play Alteil even though I play MTG and YGO... because it's different and the concept is really great. Now, the pricing is... not ideal.

Yeah... the first thing that flashed in my mind about Alteil problem is pricing.
Balance is no 2, ever since last errata.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt