Swordgirls TCG

TCG's

Re: Swordgirls TCG

Postby Callonia » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am

Romdeau wrote:OK my initial impressions of PvP in this game is that it's really bland. Like, bland enough to make me want to quit.

Don't quite care. Hey, crux knights! And I don't have to break my back trying to win matches with them without op cards! Now only if the same could be said for solar kingdom xD I'm just having enough fun.

Well I could play jp alteil, but i don't play it as much as alteil us cuz its in japanese xD No losing matches cuz you forgot which button is standby and pressed move instead lol.
Callonia

Postby Kawashima » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 am

Romdeau wrote:OK my initial impressions of PvP in this game is that it's really bland. Like, bland enough to make me want to quit. As much as I like the idea of being rewarded for grinding, at the end of the day-you're grinding to use those cards against other players. At least for me it is. I'm not entertained enough by stomping bots to continue playing a game. Maybe some people are, I'm not one of them.

The PvP at low DB boils down to-get lucky and snowball 1-2 of your larger creatures into oblivion. Chances are, your opponent won't have a spell to remove it. That's it.

OK I know Alteil has it's faults, but it has infinitely more strategy and gameplay involved then swordgirls. Like, it's on a completely different level. It's embarrassing really, that a game with such shallow gameplay is way more popular then Alteil.

The Pvp is a bit bland since all of the random targeting gets really annoying. I've been snowballed by many size one cards that i would have 10 life while the opponent has around 25. Whats worse that this is he decks that are sole 1 size followers. Those decks just spam snowballs until you die.
I still enjoy it as the ccommunity and the support staff are very nice.
Kawashima

Postby kawaiido » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 pm

My thoughts on it are here...no need for me to copy/paste the entire thing:
http://kawaiido-zone.blogspot.com/2012/ ... allow.html
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby hexagram » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:08 pm

kawaiido wrote:My thoughts on it are here...no need for me to copy/paste the entire thing:

Nice blog. 'sword girls' cringe... seems good but not for me . Maybe I will give it a try in the future. Long but quicker reading that then this entire thread 30+ pages - like a book

So can you give links for your blogs of alteil - any review?

Alright found it - do you play alteil now. Seems much better than it use to be.
16 Prebuits 1500 gran / 15 dollars for a good pre made competitive file Or save gran for few months for free players - still worth it. Lots of good events too. Some nice serial number promotions too e.g. 3 5 stars, Championship guess winner serials 2 stars, 3 stars, 4 stars , 5 stars - better at higher lvls of competition

Maybe try/ make a review on elements the game a pretty satisfying alternative card game to alteil plus its completely free. Looks better than sword girls too - never played sword girls myself though.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Patrick123 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:13 pm

It's embarrassing really, that a game with such shallow gameplay is way more popular then Alteil.

Alteil is embarrassing for not allowing the very basic needs of the players such as swordgirl does (giving point cards at a decent rate or lowering FM cost). Alteil should work more on it's point card system or anything alike that is so much appealing to those that want to get the cards of their choice.

But since it didn't happen and never will happen, swordgirls automatically becomes a better option. Why waste time with alteil if you could have what you want in swordgirls?
Even with stats and mechanics limited more than alteil you'll still see more variety in gameplay in swordgirls, because not everyone plays urgant for example and there are plenty of counters to it, even the randomness itself can be used as a counter.

I like your review kawaido. It's true all the strategy and winning comes from planning, with the few exception where your opponent might get lucky, but that happens in every game. I won't donate you any money because i am greedy and want all the maids for myself. Cheers. :)
Patrick123

Postby kawaiido » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 pm

hexagram wrote:
kawaiido wrote:My thoughts on it are here...no need for me to copy/paste the entire thing:

Nice blog. 'sword girls' cringe... seems good but not for me . Maybe I will give it a try in the future. Long but quicker reading that then this entire thread 30+ pages - like a book

So can you give links for your blogs of alteil - any review?

Alright found it - do you play alteil now. Seems much better than it use to be.
16 Prebuits 1500 gran / 15 dollars for a good pre made competitive file Or save gran for few months for free players - still worth it. Lots of good events too. Some nice serial number promotions too e.g. 3 5 stars, Championship guess winner serials 2 stars, 3 stars, 4 stars , 5 stars - better at higher lvls of competition

Maybe try/ make a review on elements the game a pretty satisfying alternative card game to alteil plus its completely free. Looks better than sword girls too - never played sword girls myself though.

Well, I'm glad someone liked it because on another site I got some smart-ass who tried to make me feel like crap (though he did have some good points but were diluted by being an ****) that you might enjoy:
http://kawaiido-zone.blogspot.com/2012/ ... uthor.html

As for do I play Alteil anymore. The answer is no, but I might start back playing it. I have officially sworn off putting money into this and just wish to watch the world burn as it were.

If you do take on reviewing Elements I look forward to seeing it.

Patrick123 wrote:I like your review kawaido. It's true all the strategy and winning comes from planning, with the few exception where your opponent might get lucky, but that happens in every game. I won't donate you any money because i am greedy and want all the maids for myself. Cheers. :)

ALL THE MAIDS ARE BELONG TO ME!!!! XD
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby MTCosta » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Romdeau wrote:It's embarrassing really, that a game with such shallow gameplay is way more popular then Alteil.

It's also embarrassing that people bother playing Alteil when they could play a deeper game like Chess.

or maybe depth is not the most important thing ever?
MTCosta

Postby Romdeau » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Dang, didn't realize that comment would strike a nerve with so many people.

And depth is important-I could argue Alteil is equally "in-depth" as Chess in terms of strategy. They are relatively simple once you understand it, but the possibilities are infinite. I don't get that feeling from SwordGirls, because the avenues of choice and file viability are extremely limited. Maybe they'll change my mind in the future, but I don't think I'll be spending any more time on SwordGirls for now. Nice art, but the gameplay...just not cuttin it for me.

You guys are attacking Alteil for reasons other than what my argument was to begin with-it has more interesting gameplay then Swordgirls. Seems like there's consensus in that regard, even if none of you explicitly said it. Out of curiousity- Patrick, Costa: do you guys play Swordgirls?

Callonia I would argue there are OP cards-you just haven't identified them or encountered them yet. Or, perhaps the power gap (in your mind) isn't nearly as gross as Alteil's. I think that's a case of perception, I think Swordgirls has some questionable cards and combos-but I'm just a beginner. Anyone can tell that cards like Mass Recall and Dark Confinement are utter BS though. And then there's crap like Vampiric Rites...wtf is that?
Romdeau

Postby Nerdstick » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:27 am

'****' in question. I wrote a list of every reason the review was bad, notably being that everything in it is insulting or whining, and he took insult thinking I was insulting him instead of his 'review', saying it was 'in character' like a parody rather than an actual review despite being advertised as such (I took him seriously, my bad). Then he updated his blog with a big personal attack at me, quite hypocritically. Topic on the official forum locked with a hilarious reply from a mod, something like "Comic Sans? The argument should have been over at that." :lol:

The RNG aspects of the game must be forgiven by the fact you're meant to plan ahead with the RNG in mind; factor in all the risks before playing your cards. Sometimes you do get a bout of bad luck, many people of which I've seen crying about it on the forum, but they'd then likely ignore the games they'd won only due to lucky RNG. Oof.
Nerdstick

Postby kawaiido » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:18 am

Nerdstick wrote:'****' in question. I wrote a list of every reason the review was bad, notably being that everything in it is insulting or whining, and he took insult thinking I was insulting him instead of his 'review', saying it was 'in character' like a parody rather than an actual review despite being advertised as such (I took him seriously, my bad). Then he updated his blog with a big personal attack at me, quite hypocritically. Topic on the official forum locked with a hilarious reply from a mod, something like "Comic Sans? The argument should have been over at that." :lol:

The RNG aspects of the game must be forgiven by the fact you're meant to plan ahead with the RNG in mind; factor in all the risks before playing your cards. Sometimes you do get a bout of bad luck, many people of which I've seen crying about it on the forum, but they'd then likely ignore the games they'd won only due to lucky RNG. Oof.

Cute...I got a stalker.
kawaiido

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt