Swordgirls TCG

TCG's

Re: Swordgirls TCG

Postby Teru » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:21 pm

No card in the game is cash-exclusive, though I think there are some event-exclusive ones (which might not be exclusive at all) and dungeon-exclusive ones.

In fact, some cards are synthesis-exclusive. The cards from the most recent episode (in this case, it's now EP6 which was just released a few days ago) are not made available in the Shop, meaning you can only obtain them through the Lab.

Training, as far as I can tell with what I've been messing around with, consists of two phases.

The first phase is the EXP Training phase. Here, you can choose a card to train over time for EXP, gaining roughly 10 EXP per hour. There's an item you can apply here but I have no idea what it does. Maybe it speeds up EXP gains.

After a unit accumulates EXP, you can take it to the second phase, known as Enchanting. This is where your card gains stats. Enchanting a unit requires two things:

1. EXP
2. Extra copies of the unit

Usually it costs 100 EXP to enchant a unit, but I've heard that this number increases later on as the unit is repeatedly enchanted. Note that you DO lose the EXP, so if you gave your unit 240 EXP using the 24-hour training option in the EXP Training phase, you'll only have 140 EXP left after you Enchant.

Additionally, Enchanting requires extra copies of the unit (the extra copies don't have to have any EXP or Enchants). The number of extra copies needed starts at 1, and increases by 1 with each successful Enchant.

There's also an item you can apply here but I have no idea what it does. Maybe it increases Enchant success rates or lowers the amount of extra copies needed, IDK.

Oh, and, BTW, you CAN fail Enchants. Or, at least, that's what I think. Because I tried enchanting my Tailor Maid once, saw no increase in stats, but I still lost the extra copy and the EXP. (The no. of extra copies needed didn't change though, so I'm thinking it only increases on successful Enchants.) I've enchanted my 2-cents Maid twice though (once for +1 HP, once for +1 STR (no idea how to pinpoint stat gains, I think they're either random or follow a set pattern)), without any failure.

Also, totally got my Crimson Witch Maid Siniah three days ago.

Oh my god what a beast. Her ability is:
"When this unit attacks, subtract the number of Academy cards in your hand directly from the HP of the defending unit. Heal this unit by that same amount."

Basically, if you have a hand full of Academy cards, you heal +5 HP and add +5 damage with each attack. Once she gets rolling it's very easy for her to snowball to 30 HP. She doesn't even need extra attack buffs because that autopierce ability combined with her base 6 STR is strong enough to one-shot almost anything.

My "strategy" now just consists of using my hand shuffles or just playing random cards until I draw her. Then she solos everything.

Pic is my opponent losing right after Siniah completely steamrolled over the rest of the enemy's deck singlehandedly. I didn't even use buffs spells.

But right now I'm messing around with a Dress Up deck. It basically uses the Dress Up cards from every faction (so sorta like a multisphere file or whatever). What they do is, they're strong cards with strong stats, but have 10 Size (meaning if you field them, you can't play anything else at all). But you can special summon them in certain ways that gives them Size=5, and usually something like STR+3 HP+3. So they like, transform.

Then you can use support spells that are 1 Size that have instagib effects if a Dress Up card is on your field (Conditional use: a unit card with "Dress Up" in its name is on your side of the field. Send one enemy card on the field directly to the grave).

Pic is the 1 Size cost "Dress Up Rise" spell instagibbing opponents' core units. Posted on the imageboards over there (they have imageboards...!!)
From the posters comments:

"I like to listen to Madonna's 'Dress You Up' while I smash noobs." (rough translation)

Haha, it's so fun.
Teru

Postby Gota » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 pm

I like the sailor moon insert. :lol:
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Nerdstick » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 am

Sounds like enhancing an uber-rare card like your Crimson Witch Maid is obscenely difficult (at least past +1).
Though it also sounds ripe for finding a common 1-size card and enhancing it like crazy.

Come to think of it, does the game have a trading system? Doesn't really qualify as a TCG otherwise, and what card game is complete without one?
Though I suppose it would be pretty unlikely given the 1000cash and 10 free cards events. Hm..
Nerdstick

Postby DDrgn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Is it bad that I'm more excited for this game right now than alteil? :lol:

Anyway, an article:
http://www.tcgplayer.com/db/game_review ... 557&DBID=4
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Teru » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:37 pm

The guy forgot to mention the part where if you lose to the boss you have to start the dungeon over from floor 1. I lost to that lion girl so many times and had to keep restarting the dungeon just to finish the beginner's quest ;_;

Speaking of the beginner's quest, I just noticed this.

That's the person/card that guides you through the beginner's quest.
This can't be a coincidence, right? Or am I just missing something entirely obvious?

EDIT: Ohoho.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshinsha_mark
Teru

Postby Gota » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 am

You still get rewards while redoing the dungeon right? If so, thats not so bad, but if you have to do it for no reward, it would be meh..

How long does it take to get to the boss usually? (if they are diff, then how long does it take for this first dungeon to get to the lion girl?)
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Savin877 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 am

I find it interesting that when a new dungeon is opened, the first person who beats it is guaranteed a copy of the card. Thats kind of cool.

Also, can you keep replaying the dungeon in attempts to win the card? If they aren't offered ANYWHERE else it kinda kills the point if you can never win the card after clearing the dungeon.
Savin877

Postby Teru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 am

The way dungeons work is, you start on floor 1. If you beat floor 1, you move on to floor 2. If you beat floor 2, you move to floor 3. If you fail to beat floor 3, you move back to floor 2. Every time and any time you beat any floor, you get a guaranteed material drop corresponding to the dungeon plus some random ore drops.

Oh, yeah, the Premium Select buttons, by the way, are just like post-battle Card Packs that you can buy if you have GP and you're too lazy to click the Shop button.

Most dungeons go up to floor 20 (the first one goes to floor 10, while some of the harder dungeons go up to floor 30, though I've seen some people get to floor 999 (probably unlimited floors in this case) on the last few dungeons). On the last floor you have to fight against a boss for increased rewards plus a chance for a modified version of the boss card. Whether you win or you lose this fight, you go back to floor 1, but of course you definitely don't want to lose, because you won't get the boss fight rewards.

Dungeons are infinitely repeatable; no matter how many times you battle on each floor or beat the boss, you'll get the same rewards (well, not the same, because the ore drops and boss card drops are random). You can quit a dungeon and do something else, maybe try another dungeon etc., and when you resume later you'll start on the floor that you left off on (there will be a little camp symbol in the dungeon menu that shows that you'll resume), but after a while dungeons reset automatically (I think it's a couple hours or something) and you'll have to start back on floor 1.

No idea what the drop rates for boss cards are. I've beaten the first dungeon 9 times now and haven't gotten the lion girl card. Each runthrough in the first dungeon takes about 30 minutes or less for me now, but back then when I couldn't just spam for Crimson Witch and AFK it was sorta QQ to have to play through the entire thing again after losing to the boss.

It's too bad I can't do this on the more difficult dungeons though, because most of the enemies there pack what I've discovered to be the bane of my Sword Girls existence: anti-ability cards. They're spell cards (though some units have this effect as an ability, oh the irony) that remove a unit card's ability. Which means my Crimson Witch just becomes an average Size 3 card with slightly better than mediocre stats. I have nightmares about these cards.

Nevermind the 33 HP that Siniah was autobuffed to by that point
Teru

Postby Gota » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 am

when you say they reset, you mean if you leave it alone for more than 30 min right? Not if you can't beat it in 30mins.. XD
Gota

Postby Teru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm

After the 10th clear, I got the lion girl!

/blog

Oh, and Gota, right, it's just if you leave it alone for a couple hours.
Teru

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt