TCG's

TCG means "Trading Card Game"

Postby Xaxio » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:45 am

I had to look it up ^_^
--Xaxio ;a18
Xaxio

Re: TCG means "Trading Card Game"

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:21 am

Really, that's rather funny. Ironically, since this game (alteil) has no trading, it doesn't even qualify as a tcg. It does, I believe, qualify however as a ccg, that is to say a collectible card game or a customizable card game, since it does involve collecting cards and customizing card files.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby 7th_Shadow » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:08 am

this game reminds my of urban rivals but there u can trade and sell cards. hope u can do that here in the future. then lots of my friends would play
7th_Shadow

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:34 pm

I wonder how many people thought this was a trading card game.
Grain

Postby Sarkath » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 pm

This is a TCG, just not trading between players. Hey, when you buy boosters, don't you actually trade?
People who buy gran, and then uses this gran to buy/trade a box? This seems to be a lot of trading cards, but I may fail to see the difference. You do trade, but not with real players. Although you could say that you trade with a real bank or, server, or Alteil. It's just twisting around words, but you do the same thing.

I would love to hear a good argument around this, why isn't it TCG when trading do actually happen with the option of real money. Does it have to go around real money? I don't find it necessary, as long you trade cards (boosters, boxes with a chance to get something, very good example of trading something for something else)

Also many will call it TCG, due to the atmosphere.

Like Guild Wars, is it massively multiplayer online role playing game? Nope, it's instanced and not really massively, except for the chat server called cities which is the only big places where people can meet. :)
But still it's one of the topped ranked MMORPG games on mmorpg.com, whilst it isn't technically a mmorpg. The spirit, or nature may decieve most players that it actually is.

Even if a game isn't something, people might still call it something due to its nature or atmosphere.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Sarkath wrote:

This is a TCG, just not trading between players. Hey, when you buy boosters, don't you actually trade?

No.
Grain

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:28 am

Grain wrote:
Sarkath wrote:

No.

Agreed. This game would be considered a CCG: Collectible Card Game. You don't trade cards for cards. You buy them, just like you buy stamps (another example of a collectible).
EvilGenius

Postby Sarkath » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:32 am

This game would be considered a CCG: Collectible Card Game. You don't trade cards for cards. You buy them, just like you buy stamps (another example of a collectible).

So, that's how it is. As long you can make a trade with real people? If you could tell with exactly clear words the big difference between TCG and CCG. In my eyes they are the same thing, with different words.

Stamps can be traded and will be between people with the same interest. It's not a CG unless you actually fight against something (a game always have a goal that you fight towards, like Tetris. Your opponent isn't another player, but logic, speed and a bieffect time). The stamps would have different values depending of the age, or the rarity. Hence actually make it just as much trading as for collecting.

I do not really buy this, from my perspective I see that CCG and TCG is actually the same thing, just different words for the same thing. You trade to get it, and you collect it. You can trade with stamps/cards the same way. Like, 3 of this stamp for this rare stamp. Or 3 of this stamps to get this much that you can use to buy another stamp.

Where's the difference? A CCG can trade as much as a TCG and a TCG can collect as much as a CCG. It seems to be exactly the same thing.

This is my reason for why I would call Alteil as a Trading Card Game.

You trade real money for gran. *Optional, but like many, I will do this as well.
You trade gran to recieve cards.
You trade a card for gran (Recycle).

And this is my reason to call it as much CCG.

You collect cards in order to construct unique decks.
You collect cards for whatever reason. Such as the card picture is simply awesome.

So, I'll guess that people will refer something as Trading, as long you can trade with anyone else than the store/company or bank. But still trading appears all the time within this "Collectible Card Game". Hence in my opinion a Collectible Card Game is just as much a Trading Card Game.

That may also be the truth that CCG and TCG is the same thing, just different words that have come up from different mouths.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

I guess it just comes down to semantics then and how you define "trading." Since you can't trade cards for cards, only buy with gran, I wouldn't call this game a TCG.
EvilGenius

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Sarkath wrote:So, that's how it is. As long you can make a trade with real people? If you could tell with exactly clear words the big difference between TCG and CCG. In my eyes they are the same thing, with different words.

Stamps can be traded and will be between people with the same interest. It's not a CG unless you actually fight against something (a game always have a goal that you fight towards, like Tetris. Your opponent isn't another player, but logic, speed and a bieffect time). The stamps would have different values depending of the age, or the rarity. Hence actually make it just as much trading as for collecting.

I do not really buy this, from my perspective I see that CCG and TCG is actually the same thing, just different words for the same thing. You trade to get it, and you collect it. You can trade with stamps/cards the same way. Like, 3 of this stamp for this rare stamp. Or 3 of this stamps to get this much that you can use to buy another stamp.

Where's the difference? A CCG can trade as much as a TCG and a TCG can collect as much as a CCG. It seems to be exactly the same thing.

This is my reason for why I would call Alteil as a Trading Card Game.

You trade real money for gran. *Optional, but like many, I will do this as well.
You trade gran to recieve cards.
You trade a card for gran (Recycle).

And this is my reason to call it as much CCG.

You collect cards in order to construct unique decks.
You collect cards for whatever reason. Such as the card picture is simply awesome.

So, I'll guess that people will refer something as Trading, as long you can trade with anyone else than the store/company or bank. But still trading appears all the time within this "Collectible Card Game". Hence in my opinion a Collectible Card Game is just as much a Trading Card Game.

That may also be the truth that CCG and TCG is the same thing, just different words that have come up from different mouths.

So, "buy" and "trade" are synonyms?
Grain

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt