Manga recently read?

Anime and Manga

Manga recently read?

Postby Linnear » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm starting High School of the Dead, in progress of Alive! The Final Evolution, Rosario Vampire II, and I saw this really amazing manga at Barnes and Noble just the other day. I'm beating myself over the head for not getting it! >.<
Linnear

Re: Manga recently read?

Postby Grain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:58 pm

I read Vampire Knight up to chapter 41 when it had lots of hype.

Now, I don't care much for it.

I've also stopped reading Gantz, but, I think I'll go back to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni soon.
Grain

Postby DWildstar » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:09 pm

My manga reading took a hit after I started playing Alteil, but ongoing manga that I've been reading are Nana, Vagabond, Iron Wok Jan and Berserk. Though right now Iron Wok Jan and Berserk are the only ones which have several volumes published that I haven't bought yet. >_<
DWildstar

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Well i read currently Gantz which i like the most, then mmm One piece, Naruto, Claymore, Bleach, Berserk and Hunter x Hunter.
But i have to search for some more stuff fast, or i wont know what to read next. -.-

And i usualy search everything by myself since i get only crappy recommandations if i ask for any. ://
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Gota » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:23 pm

hunterxhunter and claymore =)

i heard from a friend that 20th Century Boys is a good one to read, though i have not had the chance to read it yet.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby GunCastor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:51 am

Uh...wow...I read a lot of stuff

Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, Bleach, Black Lagoon, .//Hack/GU+, Negima...
I have given up on buying most of them for a while but I always know people who will lend me a volume of manga once in a while.
GunCastor

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 am

Well I recently was gifted the first Phoenix Wright graphic novel, kind of strange so far, with every chapter apparently done by a different artist and atleast the first one involving no cases at all. I used to get case closed every time a new one came out but for some reason I haven't been able to find any in my area in the last couple months now.

I keep up to date with the latest naruto and bleach every week, as well as Liar Game and Franken Fran. The series I have recently really gotten into is Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, as can be seen by my Miu (main female character of the show) being my avatar.

Its ironic cause at first I didn't really care for it, and the reason I didn't care for it was that it seemed a bit too unrealistic and cartoony. Not just usual anime cartoony things (like Miu's all natural body being the kind of thing most female adult film stars pay huge dollars to have doctors give them, or that it seemed nearly every male character outside of the main one was a 7 foot gigantic rippling muscle he-man that would make street fighter's zangief feel insecure about his size) but other things like kenichi's "best friend" looking like some sort of elf/demon thing or how it seems literally every person in the show (outside of miu) is an atrocious monster to kenichi for no reason at all. I know highschool can be tough, mine was a terrible experience as well, but this was just way over the top.

And yet, the reason I like it so much now, is in large part because of how realistic it is. Although most of the series was just watching Kenichi go through torturous training, the actual fighting techniques he's taught and he faces are all legitimate techniques and fighting styles. Theres something rather cool about a normal non-super human kid using normal non-energy blast launching fighting techniques to fight, probably the same thing that made Karate Kid so popular. Theres actual strategy that goes into the fights and not just people yelling "Being the overconfident person I am I was only using 10% of my true power but now I'm going to win because my true power level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!". Plus, even though they all are extremely cheesy and 2-dimensional at times, the various characters have definitely grown on me for some reason. I blame Siegfried, he's just too hilarious.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby sivrel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:20 am

So far what I have been reading is a series called Dorothea. Although I've also bee reading Claymore. I haven't been reading that much manga lately though.
sivrel

Postby Harion » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:51 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:not just people yelling "Being the overconfident person I am I was only using 10% of my true power but now I'm going to win because my true power level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!".

that's too much manga read or anime watched :D
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Narcissist » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 am

I've been reading Tokyo Akazukin. I'm considering leaving it unfinished though. I'm not sure, because sometimes it'll really impress me, but other times it seems like stacks upon stacks of hit-or-miss shock value. I mean, I have a high tolerance for disturbing themes, and a lot of my favorite works are those that go overboard with their content. But if there's not enough real substance to the story, I'm just going to drop this series and try my luck with something else. Maybe if someone on here has read it they can tell me what they thought.

The last series I wrapped up was Bambi and her Pink Gun. I was reading it at the same time as Blame! and Ayashi no Ceres, (don't laugh, this **** is GOOD!) both of which I still haven't finished.
Narcissist

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy