Would You Quit Alteil For...

Anime and Manga

Would You Quit Alteil For...

Postby Grain » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:27 pm

A Pokémon massively multiplayer online game?
Grain

Re: Would You Quit Alteil For...

Postby GunCastor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:32 pm

I highly doubt that would happen.
But if it does, I think I can play both at once. It depends on if the Pokemon game is good or not also.
GunCastor

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 pm

Grain wrote:A Pokémon massively multiplayer online game?

Many have tried and failed...
Plus like the person before me said. I can balance between them and I can't even imagine the chaos in a Pokmon MMO. People running around screaming that you stole their pokemon. x3
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Exanthem » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 pm

pokemonindigo.com is basically an MMO...granted, it's pretty cruddy but an MMO nonetheless. Anyways, I won't be quitting Alteil for it.
Exanthem

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Bleh, I hate most MMO games anyway. They substitute hours upon hours of tedious and repetitive game play for actual story and interesting game play. Then on top of that they often charge ridiculously inflated monthly fees just for the right to play the game you already bought.

I will admit that I do enjoy the pokemon games inspite of their relative lack of story and simple game play, but the only way I'd even want an online version would be if it was done like Guild Wars, with no monthly fees and the ability to play the entire game single player if you wanted but the pokemon information stored on the server side making hacking/cheating much more difficult.

Even then I wouldn't quit alteil just to have the game created. This question is pretty unfair in general since most people haven't even had the chance to play Alteil yet. I will point out though that Alteil is a proven success in Japan but this pokemon MMO is completely un-proven and could end up being no fun at all.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Awod » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Diablo III is lookin' mighty fine however we'll have to wait until it's released to see where I'd prefer to spend my time.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Grain » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:12 am

DanTheTimid wrote:I will admit that I do enjoy the pokemon games inspite of their relative lack of story and simple game play, but the only way I'd even want an online version would be if it was done like Guild Wars, with no monthly fees and the ability to play the entire game single player if you wanted but the pokemon information stored on the server side making hacking/cheating much more difficult.

Those fees are only for rich people & addicts any way!
Grain

Re: I Would Quit Alteil For...

Postby Akjeil » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:27 pm

I wouldn't quit Alteil for a Pokemon MMO.
I just might quit, though, for an arena where Pokemon were real & we had to physically catch them.

Of course, if Alteil & Lavato turn out to be real, I'm there instead.

-Defector Akjeil ;loading
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby Xifax » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm rather looking forward to Alteil so it would have to be a very well made game to pull me away.
Alpha #67
;a38
Xifax

Re: I Would Quit Alteil For...

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 pm

akjeil wrote:I wouldn't quit Alteil for a Pokemon MMO.
I just might quit, though, for an arena where Pokemon were real & we had to physically catch them.

Of course, if Alteil & Lavato turn out to be real, I'm there instead.

-Defector Akjeil ;loading

If any form of MMO, Pokemon, Digimon, Whatever turned into a real life thing. I probably would occupy my life with that. Especially since money is easily made in those realities. Imagine a Zelda universe where we just chop some grass and we get money. Or grab chickens and jump off cliffs gliding off their tiny fluttering wings.... :o
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy