Would You Quit Alteil For...

Anime and Manga

Re: Would You Quit Alteil For...

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:32 am

A pokemon MMO would rock if it was done well. They should be able to make something awesome out of that. But Alteil can be played everywhere, such as school and idk where else you would have internet available when you are not at home.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Illyasviel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:25 pm

If it was made well, I'd play it. I wouldn't give up Alteil, just play a bit less.

Now, if there was a Pokegirl MMO, that's another matter... (For those who know what that is, shhh!)

And yeah, if there was a .hack MMO, or a well-made Magi Nation one (Don't get me started on the new cartoon!) I'd definitely play those, too.

Although, for what it's worth, I'd be just as likely to do so if it was a well-written RP. (hint, hint?)
Illyasviel

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:34 pm

There already is a .hack MMO.
Grain

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Grain wrote:There already is a .hack MMO.

If you mean .hack//FRAGMENT, it was Japan-only and only ran for a few months before they shut down their servers.

If you mean a newer one, link please.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 am

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Grain wrote:There already is a .hack MMO.

If you mean .hack//FRAGMENT, it was Japan-only and only ran for a few months before they shut down their servers.

If you mean a newer one, link please.

Yup, that's the one.

.hack really sounded like a terrible idea for a real MMO.
Grain

Postby GunCastor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:07 am

I'm afriad I have to agree. What made the series interesting were the characters and the story with them regarding the viruses that made players in to a coma, the Epitaph, and then AIDA in the GU series. The game in the .//hack series, "The World", seems to lack a lot of things that MMORPGs today take for granted.
GunCastor

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:17 pm

GunCastor wrote:I'm afriad I have to agree. What made the series interesting were the characters and the story with them regarding the viruses that made players in to a coma, the Epitaph, and then AIDA in the GU series. The game in the .//hack series, "The World", seems to lack a lot of things that MMORPGs today take for granted.

I think it's because they were going for an MMO simulation and decided to skimp on some things that, as you said, other MMOs take for granted. If Bandai/CC Corp wanted to work on an MMO seriously, they ccould definitely pull it off. The problem is, they did do FRAGMENT poorly. While the concept of creating your own dungeons in the game was awesome, that was the only awesome thing about it. The character creation lacked severely and the game played like the original games.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Thespi » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Now, if a .Hack Online game was actually created like the show, where it was more of virtual reality... then Heck, Yeah! I'd be there...

The technology for VR stuff is getting so close... but of course, when it first does come available it will be expensive. :(

But just thinking about it... making your Avatar... roaming around a virtual world... becoming a character you aren't, or can't be in Real Life... Warrior, Mage, Archer, etc.... Would take massive computer/server power... But it is something to fantasize about...

Until then... I'll keep having fun here... :geek:

;a40 Stomping R'US!
"A Lady should be more elegant," - Lumiere (Kiddy Grade)
Thespi

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Thespi wrote:Now, if a .Hack Online game was actually created like the show, where it was more of virtual reality... then Heck, Yeah! I'd be there...

The technology for VR stuff is getting so close... but of course, when it first does come available it will be expensive. :(

But just thinking about it... making your Avatar... roaming around a virtual world... becoming a character you aren't, or can't be in Real Life... Warrior, Mage, Archer, etc.... Would take massive computer/server power... But it is something to fantasize about...

Until then... I'll keep having fun here... :geek:

;a40 Stomping R'US!

Interestingly enough, there was a demonstration of VR technology at an event in my hometown when I was six or seven years old and the graphics were not unlike that off of an N64. I don't recall the specifics, but it was a VR Shooter. Doing the math, the year was around 1995 or 1996. Now VR technology back then? And yet there's nothing related to VR technology other than a failed Nintendo gaming system? Geez, on the ball, Star Trek Inspired Scientists!
Hakuro de Killer

Postby surignum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 am

speaking of getting on at school...i cant for some reason...ill get to the "game" file, and itll say loading, but it never comes up T__T..i have flash and everything....but it still wont work....guess ill have to wait untill i get home
:P
*It descends from heaven:Yet it unleashes hell*
surignum

Previous

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy