Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Anime and Manga

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Postby DWildstar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Eladin wrote:my only question is why?

i just started watching too, and honestly, the art is ok. not that big of a leap from the original stuff, just different style at points i guess. intro is cool...not that has much to do with...well...anything.
but yeah, i've watched the original, and all i'm doing is watching the same stuff, but slightly altered to make it a little darker it seems like? i mean, was there a point to this creation other than to cash on the fans of the original?

Because when the first anime came out halfway through they had to finish off the story in their own way that deviated from the manga. Now that more of the manga is out they're basically redoing it but this time following the manga all the way through. Of course I'm sure it crossed their minds that they have a huge fan base and can sell tons more merch this way too :?
DWildstar

Postby Eladin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 am

well, at least there's a semi-good reason behind it. though, i really think at this point, it's a rather moot one. if the end result is the same (which i'm still going to watch to see) i don't get why they'd bother. since i pretty constantly hear about anime that deviate from their manga, but still end up just fine versions. meh...
Eladin

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 pm

I never really adored this anime. It's decent and that's it.

The first FMA anime was ok and fine as it was now they trashed it down and made it more 12 year old oriented, or it was like that before and i didn't notice it. :?
Peralisc2

Postby Eladin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:I never really adored this anime. It's decent and that's it.

The first FMA anime was ok and fine as it was now they trashed it down and made it more 12 year old oriented, or it was like that before and i didn't notice it. :?

like i said, so far as i've noticed, i think Brotherhood is actually a little bit darker, and the first incarnation was a bit more kid friendly. but, i've seen them from two different sources as well.
Eladin

Postby animefreak99 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 pm

FMA brotherhood follows the manga story line..unlike the orginal animes series which came up with its own storyline..
animefreak99

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:22 am

I've read the manga and am disappointed. It's just getting silly, even naruto has better plot.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby animefreak99 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:36 am

naruto manga plot is good.... while FMA brotherhood i'm not sure where its headed..
animefreak99

Postby Eladin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:09 am

Peralisc2 wrote:I've read the manga and am disappointed. It's just getting silly, even naruto has better plot.

naruto has plot?
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby animefreak99 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 pm

depends if your only watching the anime then its just jumping around with fillers..... if your reading the manga the plot doesn't get messed around with, with all the fillers..
animefreak99

Postby Eladin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am

ah, i could see how that might make a difference. because really nothing kills that show worse than the filler. otherwise, it'd be passable. but as it stands, it's on the cusp of being dragon ball z bad...
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy