Spice and Wolf

Anime and Manga

Spice and Wolf

Postby Romdeau » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:21 am

I'm a huge fan of season one, and now that we're 3 episodes into the second, I was wondering if anyone that frequents these forums is a fan as well? The most recent episode is a bit of a roller coaster, I must say...can't wait to see next week's episode.
Romdeau

Re: Spice and Wolf

Postby Multi » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:59 am

This arc is really good. I've read some of the light novels, and I'm looking forward to seeing this arc animated. The translation from light novel to anime is being done really well, as dialogue from the light novel is about 95% word for word.

Have faith in Horo :V
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Romdeau » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Oh? You can read Japanese fluently? Impressive-I've still got a long ways to go (if I ever even get that far). I plan on buying the novels when they're released in the U.S. coming this december; I've heard nothing but good things from them and if they're anything like the anime, I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

And of course I have faith in Horo :P
Romdeau

Postby Multi » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, I've only read volume 3, but like i said, the anime is amazingly faithful to the novels. You'll miss out on some explanations on the inner thoughts of the characters because of the medium, but amazingly they leave almost nothing out and change very very little, unlike other series.

To give you an idea, season 1 only covered vol 1 and 2, so at the start of season 2 we're at the start of volume 3 of the light novel. They're not rushing through it so the quality is maintained. I think you're going to really enjoy this arc, because I know I did. As you've already seen so far, it's focused on the relationship between Lawrence and Horo.

Though, the preview of Horo about to kiss Amati, I have no idea where that will come in, since nothing of the sort exists in the light novel. I think it's just some major troll, but who knows, they did completely add in a new character with Chloe in the first season.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Zanador » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Huhh, im such a slowpoke again.. (didnt know about the second season starting already).
From the anime i know (and well, books too, not that i could read the light novells, but what you say Multi is amazing) this is the best one among those that are about relationships of the characters. Serious, funny, witty all along.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:06 pm

It's one of the animes that i currently watch just to let time pass by, not one of my top favorites. But i did like it at first, the seemingly aimless travel for quite random trades and all.

I finished first season and now am deciding weather to watch this when i have nothing better or to try keep wasting time with shakugan no shana (i dont like the second season of shana, first was all great). Maybe i just get bored after a while of ideas that were once interesting.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Love this series due to it's great development and story. It is quite a ways off form my usual action genre i tend to watch, but that's probably why it makes it much more appealing.
ANIMEniac

Postby TheVogfather » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 am

yesss this sieries gets my vote :D but i figgured somthin like this was going to happen the first part was goin too smothly
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Romdeau » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys this series around here-VogFather I'm curious, do you even play Alteil still? Or do you pop into these forums at about 2-3 month intervals to drop a post or two then go MIA for said period?
Romdeau

Postby TheVogfather » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:03 pm

i do play... however i don't have a budget to invest in bying cards. i do play what i can but i prefer to build my decks myself rather then copying someone elses and not haveing a clue as to why it even works.. so usaly i hang out in the training arena tweeking my deck.. *cough* so to speek. as ive said before my work keeps me busy and i only play when time alows... also i suck lol as anyone who has played me could tell you
A#221
TheVogfather

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy