Negima?!

Anime and Manga

Negima?!

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:24 am

I have a question about this manga/anime.

Does it seriously introduce 30+ characters within the first volume/episode?
Grain

Re: Negima?!

Postby GunCastor » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:44 am

I recommend you stay away from both anime series and go with the manga, a lot of story was changed and I was severely disappointed. One of the anime series focused more on the comedy side of things and the other series concentrated more on magical battles. The manga has a good amount of both aspects.

The main character becomes a teacher for a class of 31 students, you're also introduced to two other characters that later become important to the series at the very beginning. Two other teachers and the principle are also introduced as well. As for the students, not much is known about them at first but as the series goes on, each one is introduced through the story featuring one or more chapters about them. The plot moves while this happens as well.
GunCastor

Re: Negima?!

Postby Thespi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm

I wouldn't say, stay away from the Anime versions.... Just think of them as Alternate Stories/Universes... The first one follows the beginning of the manga for a little bit, but it does diverge after a couple of volumes (I think due to the fact that the Anime came out faster than the Manga volumes were coming out)

I do agree that the Manga version is VERY GOOD! And it's the first thing I saw/read in this series... and it's going strong 18+ volumes here in the States. (Have no idea how many in Japan! *L*)
"A Lady should be more elegant," - Lumiere (Kiddy Grade)
Thespi

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy