Fate/Stay Night

Anime and Manga

Re: Fate/Stay Night

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:11 pm

iirc in heaven's feel perfect/best (whatever they called the better ending) you get to see rider in her normal attire

the anime just used the fate route as the story and that one was focused around saber so it made me sad since saber is a bit of a boring character (too cliche in a sense)

and anyone know anything about a subbed version of the fsn movie?
Ginnazoh

Postby ErnnLaties » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

it just came out in jp in jan. so in about 6 months it'll be subbed online - so basically july-august.

think the storyline is on unlimited blade works, so focus on shiro/archer prolly
ErnnLaties

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 pm

ErnnLaties wrote:think the storyline is on unlimited blade works, so focus on shiro/archer prolly

You sir, are way late to the party. I think anyone who's ever heard about this movie knows what the plot line is about. Thanks for the update regarding potential release date though.
Romdeau

Postby Nehless » Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm

romrom I love the game
wish they made more of it har har
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby thunderfire » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:56 pm

If anyone cares the Fate Stay Night movie came out and if you have read the visual novel id recommend watching it since its awesome but skips all the "plot" but none of the fights. ;a40
"Remember, kids with great power comes great opportunity to abuse that power"
thunderfire

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 pm

I wrote the original post on ANN Original post

After a long wait, I was finally able to see the UBW movie.
I'm a big fan of the V/N-I think it's one of the most interesting pieces of fiction I've read. The not so well written spoiler[eroge] scenes may turn off some of you, but I'd encourage you to skip those parts and read it. If you haven't read the V/N before watching this movie, I'm not sure if you'll get much enjoyment out of it.

From my viewing experience, the production assumed A LOT of the viewer's knowledge of the franchise and skips around the plot quite a bit. It makes perfect sense to me as I have seen it, but for someone who is completely new to F/S N-you will probably get lost; but maybe that's ok! There's plenty of flashy fighting scenes to keep you entertained and I must say-the production cost shows in this movie. The visuals of this film is eye candy for sure; that's one thing I think all viewers can walk away agreeing upon this film.

The original source of this film's plot is absolutely massive and I was extremely curious if they'd manage to condense it in 100 minutes in a decent manner. UBW the movie is not even the 'brief' version of the V/N. I'd say it's at warp speed, and yet it manages to hold together by some miracle. That's probably because I just filled in the blanks myself though, so a true assessment may be to ask someone who's never read it.

I strongly recommend if you have an interest in viewing this film, you read the UBW arc of the V/N. I suspect to do otherwise will leave a distasteful viewing experience in your mouth otherwise. Unless all you're looking for is flashy fight scenes peppered with key plot points from the story.
Romdeau

Postby azurewrath » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Having completed all 5 endings (still too lazy to do the Tiger Dojo tho x.x), I will have to choose Heaven's Feel True Ending as my favorite. The story was just so much....IDK, just the grandeur of it was great. It seems like the most thought was put into it and I thought everything flowed well. Anyway, it was the only route that Sakura has any bit of happiness in it at all since the other routes kinda completely suck for her. With that said though, Rin was my favorite character overall. She was by far the most interesting person for me, but I think UBW was more of a Archer route than a Rin route.

Anyway, on that UBW note, something has been confusing me. I'll spoiler alert now.

/spoilers

At the very end, Archer comes to save the day. To me, it seemed very clear that Archer was quite a bit on the dead side after, you know, a couple dozen swords impaled him after he was left without a master. Seems deathly to me. Though he was there to save the day in the end. My theory was that the Earth summoned him to save the world from crisis, but he still had his memories. They clearly said before that they lost their memories when they go back to the void though right? So did he survive the impaling + the time + have the mana to swordhax the Grail? Or was this just a convenient desu machina for the ending?
azurewrath

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 pm

SPOILER

I just wanted to write my answer to Azure's question after we discussed it in the chat room. My take on it is that Nasu symbolically split and killed a portion of Archer's personality-the bitterful and regretful side that wanted to kill Shirou. However, after seeing Shirou's resolve and thus concluding their "fight" right before GIlgamesh impales him-he changes and becomes hopeful once again. We can see this symbolic change physically at the very end when Nasu (the author) has drastically changed Archer's face to match more closely to Shirou's. Not to mention, he also looks quite happy.

Anyhow that's just my interpretation and I would be happy to hear others.
Romdeau

Postby thunderfire » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:47 pm

I personally saw this movie as more of a way for them to animate all the fight scenes of unlimited blade works and they used the other scenes to give people who have already read the visual novel a scene of where they were in the series.

All in all i thoroughly enjoyed the movie and found it very epic. but its not for people who haven't read the visual novel.
"Remember, kids with great power comes great opportunity to abuse that power"
thunderfire

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 am

SPOILER

You get nothing out of the tiger dojo other than scene with ilya and whats her name..the teacher in a bath tub and them saying how ilya almost got her own route but in the end it was cancelled.

wait...judging from the comments, did they make the ending of UBW movie different from VN? I haven't had time to watch UBW movie, been enjoying Eien no Aselia and Higurashi When They Cry series...I dont remember there being much confusion at the end of the VN since in VN didnt shirou end up becoming archer (since Archer is just the future shirou) and used the power that was archer's arm to resolve everything? or is my memory being faulty...
Ginnazoh

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy