Looking for Higurashi, Tatarigoroshi arc

Anime and Manga

Looking for Higurashi, Tatarigoroshi arc

Postby phailures » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 pm

So... I've recently picked up reading Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It's a disturbing and dark manga series, at least in the second volumes of each of the arcs.

Basically to break it down, there's 4 question arcs and 3 answer arcs. I'm currently on the third question arc, Tatarigoroshi-hen, or the Curse Killing Chapter. I've been looking around, but I've only been able to find 7 out of the possible 13 chapters. I know the later story arcs have been translated, but just this one arc isn't finished. Basically the story has to be read in order, and I can't find the rest of it D:

If any of you have read this, where did you read it? And for those of you who've never heard of this before, if you read manga would you mind checking the sites you go to in order to see if this arc is complete there? Any info on this is very much appreciated, thank you guys!
phailures

Re: Looking for Higurashi, Tatarigoroshi arc

Postby animefreak99 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 pm

haven't read it but ideal source for mangas and such would be http://www.mangaupdates.com they update what not often whenever translators make a release.. do a manga search and it'll give u all the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, that has been translated/released.
animefreak99

Postby Vascha » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I can't really help you out with the manga, however if you are interested in the anime I happen to have all of it.. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Kai, and the first movie, and am in the process of completing the anime for Ummineko no naku koro ni.

I'm not much of a manga person, thats my wife's deal.. Sheesh, I don't even like comics that much....
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Postby Multi » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:57 am

mangagamers.com is translating the original games.

Having played the umineko visual novels and seen parts of the anime, i can tell you that the visual novels are about 100000000000000000x better than the anime, they basically condense about an 8 hour read into 40minutes. The manga are better but they're still condensing a lot of words down.

Higurashi and Umineko were both basically supposed to be stories where you try to solve the mystery, and it's literally impossible to do so for the higurashi anime, not sure about the manga but it's probably either impossible or much more difficult.

That said, the higurashi visual novels are much much older than the umineko ones, so their quality is a lot lower.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby thunderfire » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

im reading them also and one manga has most of them
"Remember, kids with great power comes great opportunity to abuse that power"
thunderfire

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy