Manga killing off characters...

Anime and Manga

Manga killing off characters...

Postby animefreak99 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Weekly Shonen Jump... seems to be killing off alot of there characters....if u don't read the mangas of Naruto/bleach/one piece u wouldn't know, but
* spoilers*
they just killed Fire Fist Ace from one piece... From Bleach, Hinamari, From Naruto, Karen.... whats with everyone killing of so many characters? although it does make things interesting as what going to happen next.

As from the animes all r on Fillers except one piece.... stupid fillers they should at least make they fit into the story line better....*rants on*
animefreak99

Re: Manga killing off characters...

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Wait. I know i've read the entire spoiler of one piece and Ace didn't die. >_>

As for bleach and naruto, they always fail to kill naruto and any other too damn annoying character. :x :x :x
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Comic book death is a neologism used in the comic book fan community to refer to the killing off and subsequent return of a long-running character. This irony addresses the fact that while death is a serious subject, a comic book death is generally not taken seriously and is rarely permanent or meaningful.

Some comic book writers have killed off characters to gather publicity or to create dramatic tension. In other instances, a writer kills off a character for which he/she did not particularly care, but upon their leaving the title, another writer who liked this character brings them back. More often, however, the publishing house intends to permanently kill off a long-running character, but fan pressure or creative decisions push the company to resurrect the character. Still, other characters remain permanently dead, but are replaced by characters who assume their personas (such as Wally West taking over for Barry Allen as the Flash), so the death does not cause a genuine break in character continuity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book_death
Grain

Postby Zanador » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:36 pm

I think there are certain anime/manga/movies etc where poeple dont die in whatever situation, and this simply makes it much less serious. You dont worry about your favorite characters going into a fight, because you know they will only be knocked out at most, but nothing more than a nosebleed or some torn clothes (hm, Mai-hime). It can really be a huge letdown if you realise that an otherwise interesting story is one of this kind. If there is any kind of fight involved, its just not realistic, if there are no victims on both sides, and even tho i dont know the current situation in the other two stories, in Naruto, its supposed to be a huge fight going on.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I just remembered that America is always right and is never losing in Hollywood movies. -.-

They portray their citizens something like:
Even the most retarded american > any non american.
Anyone american can disarm a bomb to save America.
etc
etc

And this is not exagerated at all ... this is how silly the movies are like, main reason why i stopped watching.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby animefreak99 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Wait. I know i've read the entire spoiler of one piece and Ace didn't die. >_>

As for bleach and naruto, they always fail to kill naruto and any other too damn annoying character. :x :x :x

read the one piece 574 Ace is dead...

its True thats mangas/animes aren't epic, if the they dont kill a character that everyone has grown to love.
animefreak99

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm

I've read the manga chapter now ... thought ace didn't die when i read the spoilers since it was just simple text...

Killing Ace ain't so imprecing, if they kill franky or sanji then i would care! Ace never was a big main character and hardly got enough screen time to make him even look important.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby animefreak99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am

but the hole reason he went there was to save Ace, but i guess its what makes one piece one of the mangas i want to continue to read..
animefreak99

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 am

And now what ... will luffy go super sayan next level and still how would he defeat the magma guy. -.-

Also it dosn't look like those pirates are retreating, they keep fighting ... :?
So i guess somehow luffy & friends somehow win this too, now that ace died luffy might be more motivated to fight.

Oh right, i read bleach and seriously that character they killed should've died ages ago and in naruto, karin wasn't yet killed, sakura came and yelled "sasugay i will follow you" then it ended.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Oh right, i read bleach and seriously that character they killed should've died ages ago and in naruto, karin wasn't yet killed, sakura came and yelled "sasugay i will follow you" then it ended.

I haven't followed one peace in years but on the issue of bleach I completely agree with Pera.

Bleach has a decent author yet time and time again he has weakened his story telling by "killing" characters only to have them survive. Hinamori, perhaps more then any other, should have died a LONG time ago. Since her previous near death and subsequent "oh, guess she barely survived after all" she's really not added much of anything to the story and has left Hitsugaya in this weird state where he seems intent on revenge for her death even though she didn't actually die. At this point if she actually did die here (and this killing blow looks no more severe then the last one she recieved) it was a long time coming and honestly probably a little too late for my tastes. I've never held any desire for her to die, but I'm just sick of the "deaths" in the show being watered down to the point of nothingness because of their revivals and she as much as anyone is guilty of that. I'm still holding my breath on whether or not she's actually dead yet, my guess is that even if she does die here, that she may still have some last dying words to give hitsugaya.

As for Naruto, the series has handled deaths a little bit better then Bleach but has had the same issue of seemingly dead people not really being dead or being revived as well. The worst cases were probably Neji and Choji, after all time they spent drawing out and dramatizing their deaths to find out they miraculously didn't die really pissed me off. At least in the case of some characters, such as Kakashi or garra, who truly died and returned, there was a cost (in both cases another character gave up their own life using a jutsu to bring them back to life). In this case Karen may be "dying" but she does not appear dead just yet. I expect her to continue to play a roll at least in the next chapter, but seeing as she's played a pretty minor role in the story and has perhaps one of the worst back stories of any semi-developed character in Naruto, she as much as anyone is a character I could see legitimately dying and not returning. She was kind of the place holder Sakura for Sasuke, a girl who barely knows him but some how miraculously loves him to the point of wishing to throw away her life for him, and now that the true Sakura has returned she seems kind of unnecessary. I will say that the scary part of all this is that my experience with far to many girl naruto fans is that many of them would put themselves in Karen or Sakura's place in an instant. Darn his dashing emo looks and style, why so many women like guys who treat them like crap continues to be just as big a mystery as why so many men like top heavy women.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy