Manga killing off characters...

Anime and Manga

Re: Manga killing off characters...

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 am

Hmm. I find nothing wrong about Sasuke's looks and that's not the reason i wrote "sasugay".

It's just that the story is set up in a gay fashion. Naruto and Sasuke compete against eachother since the very begining of the manga and Naruto keeps chasing for Sasuke (after he leaves the village) ... and now we find out that Sasuke wants get back to Konoha (to get his revenge) so it's obvious that the main event will be Naruto and Sasuke meeting up again and we will have a really dramatic scene about it. *puke* And recently the idea of Naruto becomming a Hokage almost completely vanished, now he is just craving for Sasuke and Sasuke i guess wants to get his demon-fox spirit since he is helping out Madara here and there ...
These are just a few things that make it all gay, but you get the idea. The plot is way too filled up with this crap.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:08 am

My problem with Naruto is more the fact that ever since Sasuke killed Orochimaru, the manga has been all about Sasuke Sasuke Sasuke... why exactly is the title Naruto again?

Not that I want to see Naruto anyway. His absolute obsession with Sasuke is just ridiculous and unrealistic in my opinion. It makes it hard to take things seriously.

That and the fact that Sasuke apparently has unlimited energy..

But I do find it a bit funny that the mangaka with essentially the rule "don't kill any characters" (namely Oda from One Piece), might be able to pull off what is, in my opinion, the best death scene among the big three anyway when he finally needs to kill a character for plot reasons..

And I swear, if Ace comes back, i'll be vastly disapointed.. I hate to see such an awesome character die.. but now there's no going back after that chapter.
luckysvn777

Postby animefreak99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 pm

i'm with u guys on Sasuke, its seems so much about him now and i totally agree with u that one piece had the best death scene. all the others where like oh that person died oh well...
animefreak99

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 pm

One piece had the guts to kill one of the main characters! But it didn't have the guts to get rid of Usoap for good. >:P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby animefreak99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm

they can't get rid of Usoap for good.. he has to meet his dad with shanks.. :lol:
animefreak99

Postby Demongod » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:44 am

5 words:

They never found the body.

Which is the reason Mwu La Flaga survived in the Gundam SEED universe.

(Though his reincarnation was far less cool >.<)
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Callonia » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Go watch TTGL if you wanna see a cool character die.

Character's deaths sometimes can help the story continue. There's plenty of people dying in stories I has read. In fact several of who died I actually thought they was going to be one of the main cast. Only to see them die and I go whoa, brutal.

And additionally. Lelouch will be somewhere fighting against the tyranny of Britannia, Mark my words!
Callonia

Postby imortal12233 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Callonia wrote:And additionally. Lelouch will be somewhere fighting against the tyranny of Britannia, Mark my words!

I hope so too.
So far though, there is no more character killing than the latest chapter of a well known manga...
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Go watch TTGL if you wanna see a cool character die.

Yea, that was pretty crazy
luckysvn777

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm

i hated the ending of CG...it was such a bad case of the writers writing themselves into a hole where they had to *spoiler* kill Lelouch *spoiler*

generally I don't mind manga killing off characters but I hate it when they bring characters back and then the characters are changed usually to the point where they are no longer as cool as they once were.
Ginnazoh

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy