Recommend GinnAzoh Some Awesome Anime/Manga Series :D

Anime and Manga

Recommend GinnAzoh Some Awesome Anime/Manga Series :D

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon May 24, 2010 2:33 am

Hello everyone, its been a while.

I'm currently sad that my ps2 controllers are all broken so I won't be able to game until I buy some new ones...thus I need something new to do in my spare time.

Therefore, I decided to return to the realm of manga and anime.

Currently I need some recommendation for good anime and manga to watch.

I look forward to hearing some great recommendations from you guys as I know that you have all seen and are very knowledgeable in this field =)

Thanks
GinnAzoh
Ginnazoh

Re: Recommend GinnAzoh Some Awesome Anime/Manga Series :D

Postby Romdeau » Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 am

Go finish up Berserk before you spawn a thread like this.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 am

For me Gantz is the best manga out there.

Watch Higashi no Eden, Yu Yu Hakusho, Great Teacher Onizuka and Gintama or you ain't into good animes. So come again in few weeks after you finished those! :P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby crimsonshade » Mon May 24, 2010 5:09 am

Best animes I've watched are Soul Eater (looks like a kid's show), Cross Game (nice character development), and Ga Rei Zero (epic anime O_O).

I haven't read much manga, but best manga I've read so far are Kare Kano (shoujo) and Liar Game (psychological - ongoing)
crimsonshade

Postby DWildstar » Mon May 24, 2010 8:39 am

Anime

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex for its interesting and mature storylines

Black Lagoon for its unabashedly ridiculous 80s action movie style and great characters

Planetes because anime doesn't do "hard" science fiction ever, but even if they did this would still be one of the best ones. It's about blue collar workers in space who have to retrieve space debris.

Moyashimon because it's super cute and good if you want to learn about bacteria and microbes (try it!)

I have to put in an endorsement for Great Teacher Onizuka anime or manga, though the manga goes on longer and just gets better and better.

The Twelve Kingdoms - Girl gets whisked away to magical world... but good. Seriously, the best anime/light novel with this premise. Spectacular character development and world realization.

Giant Robo - Probably the greatest OVA ever made from back when OVA meant high production values. Took 10 years to finish, old school character design, epic storyline and animation is basically feature film quality.

Manga

Vagabond, Musashi Miyamoto story. Beautiful artwork and very engrossing.

Akira, movie covers two volumes, but then it goes on for 4 more volumes!

I'll reiterate support for Berserk here.

Full disclosure, parent company Media Blasters released Twelve Kingdoms and Giant Robo on DVD, but seriously they're freggin' awesome.
DWildstar

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy