What Anime Are You Watching?

Anime and Manga

Re: What Anime Are You Watching?

Postby animefreak99 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:29 pm

its sucks... i only wanted to see how it'll finish.. the manga is alot better then the anime. i wouldn't recommend the anime, but i would the manga.
animefreak99

Postby Demongod » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 am

Eladin wrote:Bleach mostly. Naruto also...after getting through the loads of filler (seriously...the writers should commit seppuku) it starts picking up again after about 200 episodes...sort of....bleh.

i need to watch something new but i have no money lol.

I saw both of those 10 years ago.

They were called Dragonball Z.

-_-...

Anyhow, haven't seen a decent anime since Gundam 00, and even that was nothing compared to the GS series (both of them...Lacus was just too badass)

Still have yet to find anything which compares to Trigun and Outlaw Star (CB among them, but it's too episodic, plus the whole late 21st century thing = eh?). Tried watching Dragonaut the Resonance on Youtube after I saw an ad on TVTropes, but it sucked.

I'm wondering how many animes out there don't have the protagonist be some random quiet teen/18 YO out to save the world. Where's all the non-hentai mature anime?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Romdeau » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 am

Demongod, ever heard of Ergo Proxy? Try that for mature non-hentai anime. It's out there (mature non-hentai), you just need to look ;th2
Romdeau

Postby Otonashi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 am

Go look up Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. At first, you might mistake it for a harem anime with children, but everybody has been killed four times over by the end of the first season. (I mean that literally. The episodes are separated into story arcs, and each arc is sort of like an alternate timeline)
Otonashi

Postby animefreak99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 am

heres some...

golgo 13 series (lol)
golgo 13 is about some middle age man killing people...

Welcome to the N.H.K (lol some more...)
NHK is about some college student being a N.E.E.T/hikikomori

on topic new
i'm not watching;

Dance Vampire
- sucks for 2 episodes he has amnesia and then he gets thrown around a little bit and he suddenly remembers. should have stuck how the manga as doing theres

Omamori Himari
- not bad i guess, about the only thing i don't like is the main character voice.

Ladies vs Butlers
-I like fan service :lol:
animefreak99

Postby gouen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 am

I am currently watching "Bakemonogatari" and I am not liking it.
O_O
gouen

Postby Romdeau » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:05 am

gouen wrote:I am currently watching "Bakemonogatari" and I am not liking it.

Hitagi-san is not pleased. I am a big fan of that show lol
Romdeau

Postby DWildstar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 am

Good non-hentai mature anime I'd say Paranoia Agent and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Black Lagoon is a lot of fun, it's like if they made an anime of 80s action movies. Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit is also a very good anime that doesn't fall into usual anime conventions (full disclosure, it's put out by Media Blasters and I edited a trailer for it :D )
DWildstar

Postby Eladin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Demongod wrote:I saw both of those 10 years ago.

They were called Dragonball Z.

Dude, no kidding. but i'm invested now lol. people need to know when to quit and what to cut. seems to be a hard thing for some to grasp. sad.

i'd agree, ghost in the shell is a good route to go. and even though it is centered around bubbly eyed teen characters, honestly, i was pleasantly surprised by Lelouch of the Rebellion. Paranoia Agent is ok. that's all i'll give it right now until i watch it again some time honestly.

yeah, and definitely Moribito. i found out the Media Blasters connection at PAX talking with Lupos and Logress. it totally seems underrated, which is pretty sad considering how good it is (in my opinion).

i'm still on Desert Punk currently.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:30 am

I'll chirp in here too.

Paranoia Agent
Ergo Proxy
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied

All excellent anime that are not about teenagers discovering a demon in their soul that makes them infinitely powerful lol. I've actually been meaning to watch Paranoia Agent a second time...

But there is actually a lot of "non shoenen" anime
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy