Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby erestor » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Proxy wrote:You know,

I'd really like to discuss Berserk in depth and exchange ideas about details in the story, yet I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read/seen it and would like to. Lupos, I was wondering if the site could implement a spoiler tag much like the one you find on ANN (animenewsnetwork). I don't know the technicalities behind it, so please pardon my ignorance if this is impossible for one reason or another.

Thanks in advance.

we had decussed this awile back. probably got burieded among the multiple posts about the same thing. i am not sure if the admins said anything about a spoiler tag but i believe it was agreed upon by many that putting **contains spoiler** before the spoil is posted will be enough. and if people decide to read on then they cant get mad.
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:38 pm

erestor wrote:we had decussed this awile back. probably got burieded among the multiple posts about the same thing. i am not sure if the admins said anything about a spoiler tag but i believe it was agreed upon by many that putting **contains spoiler** before the spoil is posted will be enough. and if people decide to read on then they cant get mad.

Grain remembers.

That was back when Thevogfather existed.
Grain

Postby erestor » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Grain wrote:
Grain remembers.

That was back when Thevogfather existed.

yep that was back in the day
erestor

Postby AnnaTheRed » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Proxy wrote:You have provoked my curiosity and if I were able to read Kanji, I might've taken the time to shift through the massive Japanese card list. I wonder what surprises you have for us..?

Sorry I couldn't post a reply to this sooner. I was a bit busy doing convention and all.

Since Mr. Miura does a lot of research and draws weapons/armors based on real medieval stuff, it's not a surprise if something looks like straight out from Berserk.
(i.e. Bear-Killing Axeman's axe and Bazuso's axe, Blitz soldier's armor and Bazuso's armour, etc...)
But, how about this?
https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=584
Well, not exactly the same. He needs to drink RedBull.

Also, this isn't from Berserk, but when we saw this card, everyone pretty much said the same thing.
https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=582

I'll ask Japanese Alteil staff if there's more cards that are similar to something from anime or manga, and let you know. ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:12 pm

I can definitely see the Berserk influences, especially in that last one. Too bad there isn't a character that resembles Guts, I'm sure everyone would go nuts over it :P .

Seems like there isn't much of a fan base from the players that frequent these forums, which is a little surprising. Someone care to prove me wrong?

EDIT

As a sort of extra side note that isn't relevant to either the manga or anime, has anyone played the dreamcast game for Berserk "Sword of Berserk"? I've read a couple of reviews and they said it was good; I was shocked when I looked up the Dreamcast going for $50-new! I could get it for around 30 used-I'm not saying I'll see ya tomorrow after I go to the store and buy these things, but really now. I'm kind of curious why the Dreamcast fell flat in America. I'd like to know if anyone's played this game as to how they felt about it.
Romdeau

Postby erestor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:36 am

i had a friend that played it for a few hours [his dreamcast died and he hasnt bought a new one] and he said it was great but we didnt talk in much detail about it.

ps the reason the dreamcast went dead in the states was because sega was already going down hill in america. also, the playstaion[1995] and the nintendo 64[1996] already had a stable control on the market; 3+ years. then the ps2 came out a year after dreamcast.
erestor

Postby lupos » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:36 am

I've always been under the impression that the DC was doing well in the US and was a very successful launch. Problem was more that most people in Japan where willing to buy into Sony's hyping of the PS2 so much that they waited for it rather than buying into a whole interim console.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Does anyone know why the producer of the PS2 game for Berserk "Sammy Studios" is choosing not to release a translated version anywhere outside of Japan? Is it some kind of Elitist complex or what?
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:08 pm

I found a really amazing AMV produced by "Sir Lagsalot" whom used manga scanlations to compose it. It's the first of its kind I've ever seen and I thought it was done exceptionally well, so I thought I would share it with you. It's about 3 minutes long and 65 mb. You can find it here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=91019
You have to register for this site in order to download, but it takes like a minute and I've yet to encounter negative consequences from signing up (except they ask you to donate almost every other page literally).
Romdeau

Postby lupos » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:39 pm

That AMV was pretty freakin cool. Only complaint I can muster is that it started off with some nice little animations made with the stills but then those kind of vanished after about 30 seconds. I know it would have been a lot more work but the effect, like the skeletons getting up, was very cool.
lupos
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy