Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Although they were subtle, there were some animations done to the parts afterwards most notably the cherry blossoms falling near the end of the piece. That part is one of my favorites, but I have several favorite parts in this work (evil look fading into just the "eye"-totally badass).
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Anyone else besides me think that they took this straight from the world of Berserk?
Romdeau

Postby Arakis » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:00 am

Sorry to necro this topic after so long, but I just noticed it for the first time. It's good to see Berserk has a strong following among Alteil players. The funny coincidence about Berserk is, not only is Media Blasters the company who released the anime years ago, but I happen to be the (freelance) translator for the Dark Horse/Digital Manga manga release. It's been a great ride working on that book, and it's what I'm most proud of in my translation career thus far. Now that Miura's finally back from his latest story hiatus, here's hoping it marches on to its much-anticipated end before we all grow old and die. ^_^;
Arakis

Postby Romdeau » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:50 am

Meh, don't be deceived by the number of pages in this thread-it's mostly me and your fellow staff that are partaking this thread's discussion. My passion for Berserk still burns, I just take it elsewhere usually because not too many of my fellow players seem to care too much. I'm a little surprised nobody else bothered checking out that AMV I mentioned earlier-I still stand by what I said that it is one of a kind.

That's awesome that your translating Berserk-sincerely appreciate the good work you and Dark Horse are doing to get that Berserk goodness to us English natives.
Romdeau

Postby Arakis » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:27 pm

I think I saw that AMV once a while back, the one that consists mostly of creatively edited shots of the manga. I also agree with the sentiment that it would be awesome if, someday, they animate more of the story. I'd love to see them start over and include the content that was cut. As it is, if they just picked up where they left off, they'd have a hard time explaining the presence of several important characters.

As for working on the translation gig, I still consider myself extremely lucky to have landed not only that title, but Hellsing too. Berserk kind of fell into my lap, as a different translator did the first three volumes, and then it was offered to me when things with the original guy didn't work out. I just got my new Young Animal yesterday, and while I'm anxious to see what happens with Guts and company on their voyage, I can only imagine what's going to transpire with Griffith's current campaign.
Arakis

Postby TheVogfather » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Grain wrote:
erestor wrote:we had decussed this awile back. probably got burieded among the multiple posts about the same thing. i am not sure if the admins said anything about a spoiler tag but i believe it was agreed upon by many that putting **contains spoiler** before the spoil is posted will be enough. and if people decide to read on then they cant get mad.

Grain remembers.

That was back when Thevogfather existed.

all ready killed me off i see ;;

so uh.. where did you hide my body?

yea getin cought playin at work is bad....

anywho is there anyone else who is up to date with the manga japan wise like myself i have much to descuss :D
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:23 pm

last chapter is 300 or 301? :P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Hey Vog, I'm currently up to date (includes certain scanlation sites providing my Berserk fixes). Personally, I prefer to read Berserk in larger doses-1 chapter at a time just doesn't satisfy my craving. I won't be reading any more Berserk until the next volume gets scanned.
Romdeau

Postby TheVogfather » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:20 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:last chapter is 300 or 301? :P

@ rom yea he seams to have taken to takeing 4q off for the past 2 years i would like it that way myself however i need to know whats goin on now lol
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:59 am

so what do you want to discuss?
how gutts will ever be able to kill grifith?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy