Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby TheVogfather » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:38 am

spoiler...

Mostly about the developments of the new band of the hawk.. What was your thoughts about the last chapter. we all know he’s going to wtf pown the fake apostle but what after that? Another thing what do you think is going to happen when guts and crew arrive at their destination?
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:22 pm

ya ya, spoilars, spoilars ... :P

I wonder if he wants to turn all his subordinates into monsters and reach for other realms. O_o I just dont buy all that fairy tale + prince charming crap. Why does "god hand" want to merge the 2 worlds (demon and human realm)? :/ Did i miss something? The answer to that would be the true intentions Grifith has.
The manga is hinding some of the strong and good heroes and i am 100% sure about that, otherwise the human world would have been long devoured by demons.

It takes Gutts and his crew a lot to get somewhere so i wonder what story / stories are there before he meets his old "friend". Probably something that will really make him strong enough to defeat the "god hand".
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby TheVogfather » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 pm

well i think hes going to go the "it takes a monster to kill a monster" route with guts and his armor however in the end i don't think that the way he ended up was how guts intended
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Arakis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 pm

I just got the new Young Animal yesterday (w/ chap. 300). While it keeps me on the edge of my seat only getting to read twenty pages at a time, it was nice to finally get to see what a certain character looks like in his apostle form. I'd been waiting years, wondering how Miura would portray him. No disappointment there, but I hope we get to see more than the glimpse we got of his enhanced abilities. He was already badass as it was, in his humanoid form. Now I just have to find time to translate the new chapter (probably next week).
Arakis

Postby Cotillion » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 am

Grain wrote:I saw the first episode and didn't enjoy it all all.

I felt the same way the first time I saw Berzerk. Luckily I decided to watch through the other episodes and was rewarded with what I felt was one of the best anime ever. The first episode only makes sense if you watch all episodes then re-watch first episode as the last episode.
"...in order to see the world and grasp it as paradoxical, we must break with our familiar acceptance of it..."
Cotillion

Postby Phades » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:The manga is hinding some of the strong and good heroes and i am 100% sure about that, otherwise the human world would have been long devoured by demons.
I don't think that is the case. The gist i was getting from the series is that the world is shades of grey, opposed to black and white. It wouldn't surprise me that, the only thing keeping things like demons in check would be some other evil on the planet and them warring among each other only spurred the existance of "normal" human wars to exist, if for nothing else, greed in order to survive through taking the neighbor's resources.

A lot of things seem to get built up and ripped down in berserk from what i have observed. Although i am not finished, or anywhere close to it, but that seems to be a common theme for the series really. The "good" only seem to be victims eventually.
Phades

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 am

The gist i was getting from the series is that the world is shades of grey, opposed to black and white.

just like real life

Well the demon realm seems to be very large. But since they discuss good versus evil and have a god (?) which is rather making decisions after the "majority vote" i think there are some good guys. Not knights in shining armors, i dont talk about their apearence which could trick people, but i am talking about good guys like guts and skull knigt (good as in fighting for the human race)
There just has to be something that stopped them from completly devastating the human realm, someone stops them from doing more damage.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Phades » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Well I would argue that guts is more driven by revenge than something more "noble" like fighting for humans in general. He did spend plenty of time killing off other people for a good portion of his life for nothing more than money after all... The people who help him have other motivations however.

I still see this as a struggle of evils to see who will reign, but they manage to keep each other in check just enough while there are some who manage to oppose them on the side and make just enough of a difference to keep things from getting out of hand. God being portrayed as a watcher here as well, which would suggest there is no real direct involvement from a "greater good" keeping everyone in line.
Phades

Postby Phenoca » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:32 pm

It's a horrible story.

Creative, but gruesome.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Phenoca wrote:It's a horrible story.

Creative, but gruesome.

Blasphemy, I've never heard someone describe Berserk as a "horrible story".
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy