Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby Arakis » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Romdeau wrote:
Phenoca wrote:It's a horrible story.

Creative, but gruesome.

Blasphemy, I've never heard someone describe Berserk as a "horrible story".

Maybe what Phenoca really means is "horrifying"?
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Some people hate gorry stuff. You have to live with that.

Damn, when will this huge break finish already? T_T
I want to read the next chapter!!!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Damn, when will this huge break finish already? T_T
I want to read the next chapter!!!

True that, I want to see what happens next too. I also want to keep getting paid to translate it, and after many years, I'm finally really close now to "catching up to Japan". Oh well, Miura-sensei's probably earned enough mangaka points over the years to dictate his own schedule. You want to take four months off, Sensei? No problem!
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 am

Seems like Berserk 302 is out and there is no need for translation (almost) since all pages (except the main 1st) are just pictures.

Looks like Grifith knows of a weak spot nobody else knows about.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:48 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Seems like Berserk 302 is out

Yay! Hiatus over! Hopefully for a while this time.

Peralisc2 wrote:and there is no need for translation (almost) since all pages (except the main 1st) are just pictures.

That tends to make my job take a lot less time. Come to think of it, Miura's been doing this a lot lately. Quite a bit of vol. 33 and what's so far 34 have been textless pages.

Peralisc2 wrote:Looks like Grifith knows of a weak spot nobody else knows about.

Of course he does. I really don't think Griffith would have put himself and all his followers in a situation like that if he didn't already know how he was going to pull out the win. He plays it up, makes it look like it'll be impossible, and even lets some of his minions get killed just to further his influence. But in the end, he always seems to have a plan. So long as Guts doesn't distract him or something, that plan always seems to work.
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:52 am

I was just thinking that demons have each some sort of weakness and if guts finds out about the weak spots of each of tehm he can win kinda easy. But this theory could also be wrong. :?
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby WhiteReaper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 am

Great anime but I never followed the manga. Do we also have a Hellsing thread somewhere?
WhiteReaper

Postby Arakis » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 am

The Berserk anime is great, but like many franchises, it pales next to the manga. At this point the story has gone far beyond the scope of the anime, and the ending of the anime is so ambiguous, I swear it feels like they just made it as a 26 episode advert for the manga. This is not to bash it, mind you. I enjoy both versions.

As for Hellsing, I translate that manga too so I'd be more than happy to chat about it. Feel free to create a thread, as that's preferable to redirecting this one.
Arakis

Postby ZeroX1999 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:43 am

Berserk is truely a great manga. The wait for it is kinda hard to bare tho... I mean it took the author like 19 years to get to this point... how much longer will it take? Until we have our grandchildren read the ending to us?

Is there ever going to be a season 2 for the anime? Just to continue where the first 26 episode left off?
ZeroX1999

Postby Arakis » Tue May 05, 2009 10:34 am

ZeroX1999 wrote:Berserk is truely a great manga. The wait for it is kinda hard to bare tho... I mean it took the author like 19 years to get to this point... how much longer will it take? Until we have our grandchildren read the ending to us?

At that point, Miura would probably be long dead (I think he's in his 40s now), and maybe one of his assistants would have taken over? I just hope he finishes the story himself...

ZeroX1999 wrote:Is there ever going to be a season 2 for the anime? Just to continue where the first 26 episode left off?

That's one of, or used to be, the most oft-asked questions in anime fandom. Personally, I don't think it's likely. What I'd love to see is a treatment like the Hellsing OVAs. Wait until the Berserk manga is finished or nearly so, and then reanimate the whole thing, remaining faithful to the original story. Trying to continue the anime as it ended would present serious dilemmas, such as explaining the presence of Puck, Silat, the Skull Knight, and what exactly happened to Guts and Casca immediately after the Eclipse. And then what about Rickert? It's just too messy. Nuke the site from orbit and start over.
Arakis

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy