Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby ZeroX1999 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:05 pm

I honestly thought the anime added some stuff in that explained quite a bit what happened in the manga when they have time skips. I honestly don't remember how the queen died in the manga, or even how The Band of Hawks faired in between battles. Those extra stuff really helps flesh out the story and character development.

That is why I hope when they do make a remake of Berserk that these side stories might be in there.

(I also hope that someday they will explain who the Skull Knight was)
ZeroX1999

Postby Arakis » Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 pm

To the best of my recollection, the only thing the anime really added was some filler involving Adon around ep. 6 or so. This added a little bit more character development for Guts, Casca, and Griffith, but mostly it was just another mission for the Hawks and we get to see another colossal blunder by Adon. Just about everything else that happens in the anime, also happens in the manga and in some cases in less detail. The queen dies the same way in both versions. In fact, in the manga it's revealed that she's romantically involved with Julius, the king's brother. That detail was taken out of the anime, which is a shame because it's a large part of why she hates Griffith so much. Like most adaptations, the anime excised a lot more content from the manga than it added so I have to disagree with your view.
Arakis

Postby ZeroX1999 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Oh.. .man I need to re-read the whoel thing again. I seriously do not remember her at all....
ZeroX1999

Postby Arakis » Tue May 05, 2009 6:10 pm

I know I won't forget the queen's character. I have a consultant, a big-time fan of Berserk, who helps me with creative input and wording for my Berserk translations. Some volumes of the manga we manage to go over in as little as half an hour. But volume 8, the one where the queen is plotting with Foss to assassinate Griffith, took far longer. We spent hours arguing over a single word they said during that clandestine meeting. Thankfully nothing like that's happened since...
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:43 pm

So grifith does have some power over those demons it seems.

But that strike wont kill grifith because its typical to not kill main characters. T_T
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:34 am

I just got my copy of chapter 306. From a translator's point of view, these last several chapters have been great: very little text to have to translate.

One thing I found interesting about this latest chapter is how we get to see some spreads showing us a bit of what the non-Femto Godhand are up to. It seems like they showcase a theme for each of them. Anyone who's been paying attention knew to expect Slan's to be lust. Conrad is plague and pestilence? Makes sense. Void is...zombies, maybe? Gotta love all those braaaains. But then Ubik... When I saw his spread, all I could think of was "And now for something completely different". So I guess his thing is...Monty Python's Flying Circus. Or whatever the equivalent would be in the Berserk world.

I just have to wonder at this point, if this really what Griffith wanted? It looks to me like chaos is quickly taking control of the world, so I wonder if this is the kingdom/world Griffith truly wanted to rule. Maybe this is how Guts & co. are going to get their chance to have it out with Griffith in the end, while not looking like the bad guys.
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:53 pm

They go on a break until september. Q_Q
And gantz will have a break until october. What's wrong with these guys?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Ugh, I hadn't noticed that... Yay, another hiatus! ...
Arakis

Postby animefreak99 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 pm

gantz and berserk have been going on for so long now...
animefreak99

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 am

But gantz is in the final stage, while berserk is at this stage http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8536 ... 76copy.jpg
ImageImage
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy