bleach movie 2

Anime and Manga

bleach movie 2

Postby erestor » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:04 am

has anyone seen it yet? i just finished watching it and i love it. between one and ten i would give it an eight.
i would like to know what people thought of it that have seen it.
if you are gonna post a spoiler, let everyone know beforehand
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Re: bleach movie 2

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:50 am

Haven't seen it yet, but I did see the first movie in theater like a month or so ago when it came to a few select theaters in the US. How would you say the sequel compared to the original?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby erestor » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:02 pm

i feel that the first was better then the second but it is like comparing apples to oranges; they are good in there own way. it was alot like the first one in the way that the characters from the show who get little screen time, got alot of movie time, and vice-versa. in the second movie the ''enemy'' is not shown all that much like in the first; three or four sceens that take a few seconds.
erestor

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 pm

I feel obligated to say how I feel about this movie-bad. It's like your typical movie, except that the interesting part (arc of why he was rebelling) totally fell through on itself. After X-Y-Z were explained, it was so boring that I had to force myself to watch it until the end. I'm beginning to feel this way towards the Shonen genre in general, but this movie was way too much. I do enjoy the characters somewhat, but Bleach is starting to lose its touch with me; I've heard from my roommate that the manga is far better.
Romdeau

Postby erestor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 am

Romdeau wrote:I feel obligated to say how I feel about this movie-bad. It's like your typical movie, except that the interesting part (arc of why he was rebelling) totally fell through on itself. After X-Y-Z were explained, it was so boring that I had to force myself to watch it until the end. I'm beginning to feel this way towards the Shonen genre in general, but this movie was way too much. I do enjoy the characters somewhat, but Bleach is starting to lose its touch with me; I've heard from my roommate that the manga is far better.

may contain spoilors
i didnt feel that after xyz were explained it was hard to watch but that last battle took longer then it should have.
sidenote: when you say xyz are you referring to the xyz affair with the french

yes the manga is typically better. if you are talking about the manga they made for the movie i wouldnt know, but the manga for the main serious does not have ten different fights going on at one time taking three volumes to playout. also, the manga does not have the stupid filler arcs like the anime does.
erestor

Postby DearestNight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:27 pm

I love Bleach, I really do.

That in mind, the second movie (though entertaining) felt like an absolutely incomplete film. The villain's final transformation was a reuse of something done a while back in an OVA. I admit, it was a fantastically beautiful iteration of the concept, but it still felt like a repeat. Although you are fully aware of his plans involving Toshirou, the only -real- development of his uses for him takes place in your own mind's suspense. The actual intentions are executed terribly in the film.

My honest opinion for the film, was that they wanted to put out some media involving many of the characters which aren't often seen in the recent story arc. The early HM arc does exclusively focus on select characters early on, and the film made some room to see some much beloved heroes in actions briefly, such as Kenpachi. This is by no means a bad reason for a film. Giving people a chance to experience their favorites outside of Ichigo and Co. is a great idea, but many of those scenes feel rushed as well. A specific moment involving Ikkaku could -definately- have used a followup response/consequences/ANYTHING......in short, scenes with truly dramatic circumstances, executed like a daily lunchbreak.

All in all, I will say that it is an entertaining film. The battles are fun and lively, just don't walk in expecting any proper character development/expression outside of Toshirou, and even then? Don't expect it until the last five minutes.

EDIT:
If you haven't yet, and want some bleach fun, read the manga chapters involving the true history of the Vizard. Fun stuff, clears a lot up. XD
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy