Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Anime and Manga

Re: Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu May 12, 2011 6:53 pm

I did, watched like 2 episodes...Not really in the mood to watch a fantasy series..especially after someone spoiled what happened when Erin was still a child to me...
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Thu May 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:I did, watched like 2 episodes...Not really in the mood to watch a fantasy series..especially after someone spoiled what happened when Erin was still a child to me...

It's a fantasy yes and I love that genre, but it's much more about the cool swords and magic spells-it has a resounding theme I identified with very emotionally. Oh well, if you're not in the mood for that then look through my anime list on ANN and see if you find something.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?user=Kirkdawg
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Fri May 13, 2011 4:42 am

Ginnazoh wrote:I did, watched like 2 episodes...Not really in the mood to watch a fantasy series..especially after someone spoiled what happened when Erin was still a child to me...

*gasp* Dat sux. But this anime is really refreshing... so hopefully you get around to watching it sometime. Also Azure, I think this falls under anime with non-crappy lead characters

Anyway, for other recommendations...

GTO: old, but awesome anime!
Bakuman: anime about mangaka and anime. I don't know why... but when I watched this, I felt like each episode was 1 hour long (in a good way!).
Dennou Coil: old, but... haha I loved this
Last Exile: one of the very first anime I watched... another oldie but goodie

Comedy:

Minami-ke: the first one was good. And the third one. The second one, not so much...
Mitsudomoe: lol
Baka Test: this was very entertaining
Sora no Otoshimono: as said before, best ecchi comedy ever
crimsonshade

Postby Ginnazoh » Fri May 13, 2011 11:11 am

Rom, I'm surprised no Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films are on your list...considering he created some of my favorite anime movies such as Spirted Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind and others.

I think its about time I created an account on ANN..just so I can keep track of what series I've seen and haven't...

Denno Coil is definitely a master piece. If anyone enjoyed Perfect Blue (which I did), they would also enjoy Denno Coil.

Just finished Muv Luv Limited...and going to start on Muv Luv Alternate (its stated to be 16 hr of reading and an epic so this should be fun)...after that I'm going to finish Erin.
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Fri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

crimsonshade wrote:

*gasp* Dat sux. But this anime is really refreshing... so hopefully you get around to watching it sometime. Also Azure, I think this falls under anime with non-crappy lead characters

Well it's nice to know someone took my 1 strongly advocated recommendation seriously! Glad to know you're enjoying it crimson ;th2
Romdeau

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun May 15, 2011 2:22 am

rom find me another gem like Cross Game...I rewatched a random episode of Cross Game this weekend and every time I watch that series, I like it more.

The relatively simpler artstyle which still depicts emotions perfectly. The interesting storyline. The development of the characters. Just amazing.

Erin really picks up after the first few episodes it seem xD (on a completely side note...I like green hair thanks to Rydia from FF4...but green eyes take some getting used to)
Ginnazoh

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu May 19, 2011 1:11 am

Alright, done Erinn...the series definitely picked up as it went along. I found the beginning to be a bit dull but afterwards..WOW!

Anyone reading Cage of Eden? This series feels like a spinoff of Battle Royale...
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:Alright, done Erinn...the series definitely picked up as it went along. I found the beginning to be a bit dull but afterwards..WOW!

It just goes to show that you should, ya know, pay attention to the recommendations I am advocating quite strongly? ;a33
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Fri May 20, 2011 2:52 am

Rom, I'm sure he learned his lesson ;)

Here's a really really good one... Ano Hana. Everyone should watch this!!!!!!!!! Nice theme of nostalgia, not unlike the ones in Clannad/Kanon/Cross Game, and very deep, interesting characters. And the art looks good too! And the VAs... 2 mains are voiced the same as Kou and Aoba from Cross Game, so it could be a plus. If it keeps up the current quality, this would be one of the best anime I've ever watched.

It's ongoing though, so you might wanna wait a few weeks Ginnazoh. But you really won't regret it!
crimsonshade

Postby azurewrath » Fri May 20, 2011 3:14 am

I was thinking of watching Ano Hana....but I've had my fill of slice of life recently : x. Is it really really good lol?
azurewrath

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy