Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Anime and Manga

Re: Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Postby crimsonshade » Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 pm

YES IT IS!

It's only been 5 eps though (watching 6th now), so I can't say for sure how it compares with some of the more epic drama animes like Clannad/Kanon/Air. Most of the impact in these genres comes in the ending and resolution.

But it's got a very interesting (and unique?) setting, nicely done characters that you really get attached to... so much potential!

Oh yeah, if you guys have watched Kyou no Go no Ni (good comedy anime, but also heartwarming), this remind me a lot of that, and what would happen if Chika were to die...

Edit: Just finished ep 6... this thing just keeps getting better. I forgot to mention, but the BGs in this thing look awesome. Same with the BG sounds
crimsonshade

Postby Ginnazoh » Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Ano Hana...that name sounds familiar.

I'm currently watching baka to test to shokanju...kinda interesting..but also kind of cliche (i think i might have seen too many animes, so it feels like 80% of the animes I watch nowaday feels cliche.. xD)
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Just started watching Ano Hana today, absolutely loved it-will continue to follow it until it stops. One of my favorites of this season. If you're in the 18-25ish age group this will hugely appeal to you I think, but anyone can watch it for sure!
Romdeau

Postby InfernityFan » Sat May 28, 2011 8:56 pm

My best series for this season so far, in order, Hyouge Mono, AnoHana, Oretsuba, Tiger & Bunny.

Tiger & Bunny might be so-so to many others. Personally, I just like the notion :D

Oretsuba is quite biased too. I read the VN and it is probably one of the best VN I have ever read. I'm so hyped when I read the anime :P Now, if only the studio working on it is different...

AnoHana is really good actually, deep characters, good drama, and such. Recommended for general anime fans.

Hyouge Mono is, hands down, the best series of all this season. Be warned though, it's not a mainstream, historical, and hard-to-undestand anime. Oh, and delayed subs :( I cannot say more except try 1 or 2 episodes and see if this is up to your taste or not.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun May 29, 2011 1:04 am

WHAT! Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai is an anime now? I heard this is Navel's best work after Shuffle!

I'm told Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai is supposed to be a more light hearted and comedic version of EF...so I've been waiting for a translation of this game for a long time...

AnoHara is on my to watch list when the series is finished so I can marathon it in a night or so.

Tiger&Bunny was a series I talked about with Rom a while back and I'm still waiting for the final verdict on it...whether it can be the next Cowboy Bepop or just another anime targeting the western audience.

I am currently watching Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de after finsihing Baka to Test...and Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de is worth quite a few laughs.
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Sun May 29, 2011 4:27 am

Hm, I have higher expectations for this thread the only thing I've reviewed and actually enjoyed is Crimsonshade's rec for Ano Hana. C'mon people!
Romdeau

Postby InfernityFan » Sun May 29, 2011 5:55 am

@Ginnazoh
As someone who has watched and read Oretsuba, I recommend you not to watch the anime. It is a huge letdown because of the way they tell the story is not how it is supposed to be. Also, because the studio has effectively turned some first episodes into huge ecchi episodes >_> It turns alright from episode 5 onwards, but I still don't like the way they tell story.

If you enjoy comedy anime, have you watched Seitokai no Ichizon?

@Romdeau
Nay, Rom. We just have different taste :)
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Gota » Sun May 29, 2011 11:02 am

You just have high expectations overall pompom ;th2
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 am

I'm actually in agreement with Rom here...there has only been a handful of really EPIC recs...then there are some recs which are fun to watch but nothing amazing xD

And, that is sad to hear about Oretsuba...I felt Shuffle was a bit butchered too...so..sigh...

I've also seen Seitokai no Ichizon, and I enjoyed it. It felt like Lucky Star meet Haruhi or some thing...the randomness of the event in a bizarre school setting...an enjoyable watch for me but not really epic.
Ginnazoh

Postby azurewrath » Mon May 30, 2011 12:05 pm

It is assumed that most of the greats have been watched already. Thought I'm not sure if you got on the Level E train Ginn. Try that one if you didn't. One of the best watches I've seen in a very long time.
azurewrath

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy