Any Sheryl Fans out there ?

Anime and Manga

Re: Any Sheryl Fans out there ?

Postby neonsun » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 am

too nice ???
u wanted 1 of the two girls to be a "clear " winner ??
i was rooting for sheryl myself lol
a mano a mano dogfight between the hero and brera would have been nice?
neonsun

Postby GunCastor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:19 pm

The way it was wrapped up felt kinda rushed. Suddenly singing cancels out the Vajra's power-ups and now suddenly they're protecting human beings from being blasted. It didn't do that much before but now it suddenly does! Oh yes, Ranka's singing also now magically gives Sheryl a power-up as well and cures her illness! Magical! And yes, one of the girls being a clear winner would have been nice too.
GunCastor

Postby erestor » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:11 am

so i take it a clear winner is in order...the motion passes and i sign it to law.
yes it was wrapped too fast they could've went at least two more episodes and drawn it out.be ware of spoiler the whole thing about the vajra turning and helping: ranka learns the truth and is then able to use her powers too communicate and the vajra realized that humans were not the enemy. the reason they were sacrificing them selves was because grace was using a compressed fold wave to 'blast' everyone and the only one that could stop it were vajra, even if they did die. this could have all be explained even using one more episode. things i hope the movie touches on: are they gonna live on the planet with the vajra; are the vajra gonna die; who the devil is alto gonna choose...go sheryl, fight on!!!!
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby GunCastor » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:25 am

Oh, so now she magically realizes the power to communicate with them. I'm sorry, but the anime was really great until the last episode rolled around and I felt like they just...put too many sudden maricles in it.
GunCastor

Postby neonsun » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:02 pm

agreed
motion passed lol
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm so glad I watched the whole thing through before coming to this thread; the next time you guys guys are about to discuss the ending in detail, make sure it's nice and clear like this before you do so!. Personally I just avoid threads on the anime until I've finished watching it, but that way people have less of a reason to complain.

MF has sucked me into the world of Macross but MF has set the bar that none of it's predecessors have surpassed (from what I've seen). My thoughts on the ENDING...

It did seem kind of rushed and I wish they'd developed the villians a bit more-the story of MF was lacking in depth and originality, but that's not what this anime had going for it. They took the average, and made it magnificent with better than your average voice acting paired with stunning visuals;had it not been the visuals for this anime, it would've just faded into the background like any other "average" show that I just see for the sake of decent entertainment. I absolutely loved the soundtrack and am actually considering buying my first anime OST when it's released in the U.S.

The manga is in the works according to ANN and I believe the first piece is scheduled for release in Feb. of next year; my expectations are not that high, because the story by itself to me sounds a bit saucey-I'll admit that the story did keep my interested right until the very end though (damn cliffhangers). I just hope the story manages to keep it's quality and the artist does a near Berserk quality job of drawing it-otherwise, I might just have to pass it up.

If you didn't care to read through that just take this with you: GO WATCH MACROSS FRONTIERif you have the slightest interest in Mecha/spacey anime.
Romdeau

Previous

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy