The Gon Effect.

The Gon Effect.

Postby kirk22 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:41 am

Before I begin to explain what The Gon Effect is I feel that I have to say that I am in no way trying to insult GonFreeces31. I, like many other players, respect him and find him to be both polite and knowledgeable. I'm doing this mostly because it's late, I can't sleep, and I'm bored. Now that we've got that out of the way, let me tell you about The Gon Effect.

The Gon Effect refers to the player GonFreeces31 topics and posts made on the Aleil forums and the ability for said topics and posts to attract others. To put it simply, if Gon makes a topic, no matter what it may be about, it's going to get a lot of views and get a lot of discussion. Same thing goes for any post Gon makes on a topic, be it his or another persons. If he posts on a topic, others will most likely follow suit.

The Gon Effect also covers the content of the threads to which he creates. Where in most cases a thread becomes derailed quickly or simply fades away do to lack of interest, threads created by GonFreeces31 have a wonderful tendency to not only remain on topic longer but also keep the interest of others longer.

All in all The Gon Effect is a positive force used for good by the player it is named after and also by a handful of other players who have been able to tap into its awesome might. It tends to generate threads with interesting ideas and discussions that are fun to read and post in.However, for every positive there must be a negative. The opposite of The Gon Effect is a force that I have named The Ceiphied Hole.

The Ceiphied Hole takes all the negativity and idiocy that The Gon Effect repels and concentrates it. Usually the effects are chaotic. Two players who would normally be polite to each other start arguing, someone says something completely idiotic. However, in rare cases, all the negativity becomes focused on one individual.

If you read all that, please remember it was done out of boredom and lack of sleep.
ImageImage
kirk22

Re: The Gon Effect.

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:49 am

The Gon effect sounds like an std for sheeple.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby CainHyde » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:02 am

kirk22 wrote:The Ceiphied Hole takes all the negativity and idiocy that The Gon Effect repels and concentrates it. Usually the effects are chaotic. Two players who would normally be polite to each other start arguing, someone says something completely idiotic. However, in rare cases, all the negativity becomes focused on one individual.

I like this one.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:59 am

XD thanks I guess.. Although I can be a bad guy sometimes.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyglare » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:20 pm

The Gon affects all, anime included
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby kirk22 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:11 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:XD thanks I guess.. Although I can be a bad guy sometimes.

Thats just a small Ceiphied Hole that has formed over the years. It happens to everyone.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Gota » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Speaking of which, Hunter x Hunter remake is airing, It is beyond awesome!!!
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:23 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:XD thanks I guess.. Although I can be a bad guy sometimes.

We know you are a good boy gon :)

It's true that gon often brings important discussions to the public forums in an open format to stimulate player discussion where its needed to help important decision making processes in the background. He does this with a style that inspires open discussion and friendly responses. He is part of the ethereal glue that holds alteil together. I rate his importance as high as those who actually get paid to run alteil.

Cheers gon, you deserve it.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby psylensse » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm

^agreed. Just like Asuet, Gon > most 5*
Phellitiest (spambot) wrote:My personal relative delights in frogs.
psylensse

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Man, I'm having a really depressing day this cheered me up. Thanks guys.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to General Off Topic