People That Live In California

People That Live In California

Postby Grain » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:14 pm

More specifically, the people in the earthquake zones.

I've always wondered why they do that.
Grain

Re: People That Live In California

Postby Akjeil » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 am

Grain wrote:More specifically, the people in the earthquake zones.

I've always wondered why they do that.

It's possible that it's due to the rumor of California' eventually breaking off of the U.S. along the San Andreas faultline; presumably the faultline and the earthquakes would cancel each other out in a Character Backlash (i.e., God of Quakes vs. God of Quakes), thus leaving the Californians safe (at least from quakes).

Of course it's also possible that Character Backlash happens only on Lavato, in which case my theory has no basis; but that hasn't been proven.

-That's Akjeil's Story, and He's Sticking to It
;a40
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby Grain » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm also curious of the people that live in the tornado alley.
Grain

Postby GunCastor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:09 pm

People moved there before they discovered this earth quake zone and tornado alley stuff. A city grew out of it, you can't really expect a whole city to just pick up and move right when they found this out. To most people, it's just colorful areas on a map.
GunCastor

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:45 pm

There's a lot of factors that go into determining where you live beyond simply frequency and severity of natural disasters. Does an area have a well paying job for you? If you have kids does the area have good schooling? Maybe you have other family living there you'd like to see more often, or maybe your trying to get away from family and none of your family lives there. Do you like the weather in that state, or the yearly scenery? Do you fancy your toaster and want to marry it but your current state is an old conservative christian state where that's not legal (though the way the US is going I'd wager if you give it a few years pretty much every states gonna let anyone marry anything and Lupos' "if you love games so much why don't you marry them" quote will be less a joke and more of a good question that makes you question if you and video games really do have a future together).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:18 am

DanTheTimid wrote:There's a lot of factors that go into determining where you live beyond simply frequency and severity of natural disasters. Does an area have a well paying job for you? If you have kids does the area have good schooling? Maybe you have other family living there you'd like to see more often, or maybe your trying to get away from family and none of your family lives there. Do you like the weather in that state, or the yearly scenery? Do you fancy your toaster and want to marry it but your current state is an old conservative christian state where that's not legal (though the way the US is going I'd wager if you give it a few years pretty much every states gonna let anyone marry anything and Lupos' "if you love games so much why don't you marry them" quote will be less a joke and more of a good question that makes you question if you and video games really do have a future together).

This thread wasn't meant to be nearly as serious as you've made it. :lol:
Grain

Re: People What Lives In Thread

Postby Akjeil » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:51 am

Grain wrote:
DanTheTimid wrote:(some Sage Advice)

This thread wasn't meant to be nearly as serious as you've made it. :lol:

Yet another example of how threads can take on lives (and commuter jobs) of their own; be careful what you (don't) wish for.

-Tornado Akjeil..."Whoooosh!"
_______________________________________________________________________________________
"First wish: I wish I had two more wishes; and I wish they'd fix the door to the Matrix, it's mad glitches"
-MADVILLAIN
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Return to General Off Topic