*edit Just quitting

Re: *edit Just quitting

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Kittuns wrote:I really do not understand why the entire community places no value whatsoever on playing the files as opposed to just making them.

You seem to start getting carried away, by an insignificant accusation.

First of all pegasus wizard kingdom and gowen + fierte were played even before those two players played them. See? It dosn't matter who copied who, you are DG and you got a label on it, it says "kick this" or something similar.

Second if you would have come up with a file of your own and do make it into a meta, there would be whiners saying "you're playing same file over and over again! it seems you can't play anything else!". Do you start to understand where this is going? Exactly! You are getting carried away, unless you don't care about such an unimportant statement.

Third if you do start playing several files and they are meta, even if created by you, you're still not good enough! And you know why? Because of your label, the one that says "object of hate".

If you start playing a noob file, you'll be a noob and people still won't like you, in fact they want to see you down, so they could trample more on you. Because you are DG!

You or they made them(selves) hate you, through one or more actions. As long as they despise you, everything you do, say, touch, etc. becomes hated as long as it comes from you. So you got two options:
- you start being an idiot and listen to them
- you keep on not giving a damn, thus you are an idiot in someone else's eyes, but doubt you'd care anyway about what others think

I know you are already aware of this, but they might not be ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:04 pm

I can define it even better than pera, and I can even give examples.

It's not your ability to play, it's what comes out of your mouth that people respect here.

For example:

Inigo Montoya - played meta files, was very successful. He was always nice in game chat, and rarely said anything otherwise. The community's perception of him? Good bloke.

Peralisc over a year ago - played meta file, was very successful. He was often nice, but had a writing style at the time that many found abrasive. The communities perception of him? Mixed.

Exemplar - played meta files, was very successful. He was nice in game chat, and also in regular chat. The communities perception of him? Good bloke.

Demongod - played meta files, was very successful. He was nice in chat until game talk came up, when he became very abrasive. In forums, he was a monster. The communities perception of him? Mostly bad.

See - people here aren't judging your by your play history. They are judging you by your personality and the impact you have on the happiness in and around the game. It really doesn't matter whether or not you care about their happiness - they do care, and they will react poorly when you consistently impact on them in a negative way. People here don't dislike others for winning, they dislike others when they talk a lot of crap, or say things in such a way that most get offended.

Of course, in your case DG many of your ideas are very disagreeable. When you are told this, you don't back down, but instead step up your argument and try to jam it down everyone's throat.
Last edited by fargone on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:19 pm

May i correct something about your statement? Soon after i joined the game i had at least few people jumping on my back. Or if you want to word it as in your post, there were right from the start few that had a bad opinion.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Sorry Pera, I hadn't realised that.

It has been good having you around lately though. I hope you got the 'had at the time' reference. I have been thoroughly enjoying your posts lately.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Callonia wrote:
asxlen64 wrote:
Callonia wrote:gtfo dg out of asxlen's thread. this isn't place for your epeen.

actually, when logress revived this thread cause he wanted to know people opinion on the matter of avoiding losing more players for alteil revival, im sad to say, demo and gon are more equipped to know the reality of this better than what i can muster.

and in related news, im still quitting alteil, just i probably surf chat and forums to visit people i enjoy chatting with

He's only equipped to make sure gowen and falkow files exist in folrart aren and refess/lawtia can go suck eggs for all he cares.

Actually I happen to be a fan of Lawtia. I think Lawtia's fairly cool, actually. Granted Gowen sort of "raised" me in Alteil, and Falkow was Garcia's sphere, who got me into this game to begin with.

But Refess? Sorry, but I'm not a fan of getting rolled by a giant yellow snowball.
Kittuns

Postby methebest » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:20 am

now i dont want to come across as a **** but i wish dg's grandparents or w/e got killed in concentration camp so we wouldnt have to deal with this ****. >.>
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Kittuns » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 am

methebest wrote:now i dont want to come across as a **** but i wish dg's grandparents or w/e got killed in concentration camp so we wouldnt have to deal with this ****. >.>

My grandparents were in Russia, so you fail.
Kittuns

Postby methebest » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:53 am

Kittuns wrote:
methebest wrote:now i dont want to come across as a **** but i wish dg's grandparents or w/e got killed in concentration camp so we wouldnt have to deal with this ****. >.>

My grandparents were in Russia, so you fail.

if my wish came true they'd have ended up in germany u nub.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Previous

Return to General Off Topic