Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby fargone » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:59 pm

I am fairly certain AD already understood this, but for those who didn't understand, my statements were general and not directed at AD personally. Though I will say this - I am a white man married to black woman, whose brother is married to white chick... sounds like none of us are racist - but my brother-in-law has racist views regarding Asians. He is prejudiced in spite of his family situation.

Regarding your paragraph about nation loans AD...

What happens when you default on your national loans? Easy answer - you start printing money.
What happens when you start printing money as you need it instead of in a planned manner? The value of the dollar falls dramatically.
Are there any examples of this in recent history? Yes - See Zimbabwe as an example

I should point out here that the US government is already in stage 2 of "Operation: Print more money."

Yes, I made that name up.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 am

Dave,

I always accept your comments with objective reasoning. Shame most of the others on here behave at a 5th grade level. Why no one can figure out the difference between racism and prejudice is beyond me.....
I am prejudiced/biased and make no qualms about it. Life experiences and basically just growing up have shaped my views on many subjects- i also hate communism and cannibals for the record. Guess i am racist against those as well. The way people throw that word around is a synonym for Nazi- they immediately try to discredit anything you say with it. So much for free speech and thought.

By the way, i read with the link you sent me on FB. You had some rioting there in Australia as well regarding the stupid video? In a manner it is similar to the opening paragraph here save without murder. A culture within a larger culture community-essentially a failure to fully assimilate and accept the broader view/laws over their personal ones. One can either accept free speech and writing or they don't. Obviously, those that are rioting prefer censorship. Do they actually think about these things before acting? What good does it do to destroy property and endanger lives in protest of something that is happening thousands of miles away and has no impact on them ?

Churchill had it right. "Islam is to man what rabies is to a dog". you can chalk that up as another of my biases. Isam isn't a race but go on and call it racist it will be easier for those that don't bother with proper definitions.

Wonder if Isreal will roll the dice with an airstrike on Iran before the election? They desperately want Romney to winbut currently he is losing in the polls.

Talk to you soon Dave.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
User avatar
AngelicDeath
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Dave,

Rereading your response about differentiating by color being wrong (which I agree with) made me look some stuff up regarding race as a whole. The government here USA classifies its people according to race yet there really is no race biologically speaking.

"Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all living humans belong to the same hominid subspecies, **** sapiens sapiens"

"It is demonstrated that race has no biological or genetic basis: gross morphological features which traditionally has been defined as races (e.g. skin color) are determined by non-significant and superficial genetic alleles with no link to any characteristics, such as intelligence, talent, athletic ability, etc. Race has been socially and legally constructed despite the lack of any scientific evidence for dividing humanity into racial baskets with any generalized genetic meaning.[11][12][13][14]"

If there is no race then wouldn't it make sense that there should be no racism? Looking at you Scientifade. More along the lines of having biases and prejudices against certain cultures or ethinic groups -sometimes/oftentimes? without any supporting or factual evidence.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
User avatar
AngelicDeath
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Scientiafide wrote:
AngelicDeath wrote:Carl,
I call it like I see it-feel free to disagree but if you think you can just counter factual data by calling me a racist (by the way I am married to an asian which invalidates that argument) you are mistaken. .


Not gonna lie, that made me lol


It was funny cause I never called him racist nor was I even "countering" factual data.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Gon,

Correct, you never directly called me a racist. I implied it based off your responses to the thread and retracted my comment. Just for the record, does the sun still revolve around you and is the earth still flat? Every thread needs to somehow revolve around your commentary.

I interpret Scientiafide's meaning as you can have interracial marriage and still be a racist. Similar to what Dave was saying about his brother in law. Maybe i think of racism in an outdated definition where you believe one race is superior to others.

Don't be fooled. America is an empire. The republic died in the cold war. You didn't expect Ceasar to march through the gates of Rome and declare the Rublic dead did you? Mulitculturalism and diversity is the new religion of the empire.

Honestly, you could Import thousands of Aztecs (I realize they no longer exist thanks to the Spanish but if they did) into the United States thanks to the Refugee Resettlement program. Place them in City next to you. You would have to respect their culture and religion which by the way places a large emphasis on human sacrifice and cannibalism to ensure that the sun rises the next day. To say anything negative about their culture or values would label you a racist and an enemy of the state despite the fact that your new neighbors harbor a desire to march you to the top of a temple and cut your heart out in an offering to their sun god. Extreme? But likely true.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
User avatar
AngelicDeath
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 am

The world revolving around me is a side effect of my awesomeness :D :D :D

edit: This is supposed to be sarcastic. Tone doesn't work online.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby Callonia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Caesar's name is Caesar not Ceasar.

Also, if any aztecs requested me to sacrifice my heart to the sun god for the greater good, i'd tell them let the world die. Sucks to be aztecs.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4779
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I mean I don't mean or intend for so many threads to be about me. Usually what happens, as happened in this thread, is that I'll make a comment about something, then other people, convinced in their heads that I'm this egotistical maniac (which is not true), will start posting just to flame me. I'm not really sure why this trend keeps happening, but part of growing up and being more mature is to leave debates about ideas strictly that, and not having them turn personal. If I criticize someone else's idea, or vice verse, that should not be misconstrued as a personal attack.

Probably I should just let the flamers flame and not respond to it. I guess if people want to act childish I shouldn't drop down to that level.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby skillll7 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Callonia wrote:Caesar's name is Caesar not Ceasar.

Also, if any aztecs requested me to sacrifice my heart to the sun god for the greater good, i'd tell them let the world die. Sucks to be aztecs.


I don't think they'd request it of you, exactly.
Cute dog too cute...
User avatar
skillll7
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby fargone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I mean I don't mean or intend for so many threads to be about me. Usually what happens, as happened in this thread, is that I'll make a comment about something, then other people, convinced in their heads that I'm this egotistical maniac (which is not true), will start posting just to flame me. I'm not really sure why this trend keeps happening, but part of growing up and being more mature is to leave debates about ideas strictly that, and not having them turn personal. If I criticize someone else's idea, or vice verse, that should not be misconstrued as a personal attack.

Probably I should just let the flamers flame and not respond to it. I guess if people want to act childish I shouldn't drop down to that level.



I read this thread over again after reading this. Only AD has addressed you here. You addressed him directly here too. That is not flaming.

I have realised after reading this that we can never win, or get you to understand. For us to try is akin to us arguing with a stupid person. You bring us down to your level then beat us with experience. Only in your case Im not sure if it is stupidity so much as a level of vanity and a false feeling of superiority that we can simply never hope to understand - it is in itself a specialised form of stupidity. Since I am human and feel the need to identify everything, Im gonna call this the "Gon experience".

If you hear me use this term, you will understand that I am talking about a point in time where all intelligence in any discussion has been lost to undue vanity and silly notions that simply don't apply to the discussion at hand. It impacts on my sense and sensibilities to such an extent as it can cause vertigo (gon, that means I feel dizzy).

PS: I am sorry AD. I am weak in his presence and feel the need to respond.

Back on subject.

Doesn't the fact that we are scientifically proven to be the same species show a racist government when it divides its people by skin colour when making (especially negative) statistics? When I read the statistic you presented us with regarding young men and older white women, two things came instantly to mind. At first I asked myself if there could possibly be a more emotive statistic anyone could possibly come up with. The US government has been using the threat of black men raping white women for almost a century now (do you realise that was part of their original anti-hemp campaign - that smoking pot made black men destroy white women?). The second thing that crossed my mind was the distinct lack of any comparable statistics - for example, where is the stat that shows how many white males did the same thing?

Of course the second thought was what ultimately lead me to the quick conclusion that the original text presented to AD by some government agency was designed purely to get an emotional response from its reader. The statistic was found with a purely racist intent and can not be described any other way. The fact that the government is actually collecting data that defines people by race further encourages racism in its people on many levels. Unfortunatley many countries collate data this way, including my own.

Sadly, there are other statistics from the US that show males in court are likely to get differing sentencing for similar or same crimes based on their skin colour as well. There are also stats that show the likely hood of being actually charged or questioned on some matters by police also changes with skin colour. I am of the opinion that all of things issues need addressing from the very core.

Statistics should no longer represent racist views, but wholistic views instead. Community supports, job availability, rates of pay, segregated communities - all of these things should be on a balanced scale. As long as discrepancies remain, people will continue have very different life experiences based on their colour. This means more hate crimes, more dispassionate feelings toward our neighbours and ultimately more unhappiness universally.

I often wonder how many geniuses and world changing people our world has missed out on because they were born the wrong colour.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron