Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Re: Stats and facts warning- not for the squeamish

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Fargone,

Well put. The primary reason it was the opening paragraph was because it was the most emotionally charged. There was an answer to your question there though. The corollary has never happened in modern times.
I completely agree with your assessment on the government though. Personally, I think they like breaking all its people into different constituents and categories for political value. They then can promise each group something in an effort to "win" their votes. It used to be an elected official was there because he stood for what the majority of the citizens valued or wanted. Now we have to choose between two bad choices.

Never apologize for responding to the other aspect of the thread. Honestly, i wouldn't mind if he posted here as long as he stayed on subject. I mean at least when Icyglare counters his arguments are well written and accurate. Though I don't like him as a person, ever since he countered those of us wanting a resolution to the catira and Rileria debacle, he is a worthy adversary. I respect his posts as a lot of times he (Icy) shows some insightfulness or an avenue I had not considered. There is another of my faults for those keeping track-i hold grudges.

Dave,
One of the craziest things is that the stereotypical "white men can't jump" or run or play as hard as the black man athletically is continually perpetuated here. Look at college football and the NFL here. It doesn't have ( for me at least) the allure of violent crime but is in a manner an ethnic prejudice- i disdain from using the word racist as it honestly shouldn't exist as a word. Coaches and scouts believe it to be true. See the commentary from former college and nfl coach Barry Switzer.

Anyway, saw the footage on the Sydney demonstrations on youtube after reading your forwarded article. Wild stuff. I din't see or hear any demonstrations here and we have the largest concentration of Muslims in the united states in Dearborn,MI. That is a good thing.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 pm

I am surprised how few media sources claim the US government to be racist for exterminating people in the middle east.

They keep claiming it's that silly video that makes people rage. Let's be honest, do those guys look like 400 kg nerds sitting at the pc all day and watching youtube vids? Nope. So how would they get angry at something they probably never bothered watching?

The vid is just one of the many smaller reasons. The truth is the US went over there and dictates their lives. I'd be pissed too. Lucky they don't invade Europe.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Pera,

They react to a rumor of a rumor of some hearsay. You are correct in a sense though. The US and other european nations assisted the "rebels" in Libya and egypt. You reap what you sow. I don't share any sympathies for people residing in these theocracies and their adherence to a medieval from of government (basically unchanged since their prophet's time). They should be more concerned about what China has in store for them in the future as that is where the new global power lies. Maybe not in my lifetime but certainly that is where things are headed.

Since we are discussing middle east subjects, airstrike on Iran will probably be a Go. Thinking Israel will do it solo. US wasted too much time and effort in Afghan and then Iraq when Iran is plodding away at a nuke. Something has to give.

Pera, the invasion is already underway it is just passive not aggresive (yet). Check the population of muslims as a percentage of population in european nations. Then cross reference this by age and birth rates. It is only a matter of time.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Actually i noticed a trend amongst people from middle east and nearby countries to multiply as if there was a risk for underpopulation. It's as if 5 kids is minimum. Same is true for some protestant / neo-protestant christian religions.

Seriously i had a work colleague that was pakistanese or something (forgot) and he said it's ok, there's enough place for everyone. :?
Ya there would be more place if they could bring life to deserts. But with a screwed up government, growing deserts and complete chaos in the world, there's nowhere near enough place.

I agree they got a screwed up mentality of multiplying, but that dosn't justify to kill them en masse.

~~~~~

Why do you consider China the new power? Aside from hard labor ...

Out of preference i hope China and Russia to establish themselves well and hold their ground. US leaders pretty much remind me of the nazis right now. Instead of the jews, it's the arabs.

Good move by Russia, they don't allow themselves to be controlled:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19644897

~~~~~

Pera, the invasion is already underway it is just passive not aggresive (yet). Check the population of muslims as a percentage of population in european nations. Then cross reference this by age and birth rates. It is only a matter of time.

As i said earlier in this thread. The system is messed up. At least over here in europe.

Too many european countries give citizenship to large waves of non-european people, while europe still suffers from crises and disorganization.
And as i said earlier, in some cases those foreigners have more rights than the europeans, which makes no sense at all.

So who's fault is it when you let someone in and make it comfortable for them to stay and invite even more over? Don't know the situation in the US or other parts of the world, but it's probably the same. Some tards in the government that bought their degree are messing around without having even the slightest clue what they do.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Pera,

identical policies here. You can enter illegally and get a driver's license, access to health care, and have as many or perhaps more rights than the native citizens. it sickens me. I agree with your post. point of contention is the US is the direct opposite of the ****"s but with similar results. The ****"s took over a highly industrial organized society with a long standing military tradition. They manipulated this nation state with a psuedo religion of a superior race mentality and need for more space (as if there wasn"t enough already) in an effort to dominate eastern europe and demolish communism. Believe it or not they were not bent on world conquest or conquering western europe. Destruction of the jews started after 1940 but persecution of jews occured much earlier-perhaps as early as 1931? going on memory there.

As i stated before, the US is more interested in multiculturalism and so muslims ( non radical - as if that even applies) are more than welcome to settle here. see the us resettlment program for somalis in Minnesota. WTF? Americans will get that connotation.

Pera, my personal beliefs are just that.- I don't take offense to those that have differing viewpoints as long as they are within reason.
i believe in walls, fences, ethnic communities and adherence to law. The I is greater than the we- think Ayn Rand. there is only so much space on the planet. Just because a person is born -somewhere- i have no obligation to support it. Their parents do. Why do i have to feel a need to love or care for some human in a foreign land- give my money so he/she can have bread or water when his parents didn't have the forethought to think about the consequences before getting pregnant? That is insanity to me. The earth cannot sustain the population it is growing to-even if we all overnight became vegans which i would rather perish than to do.

pera- China owns the US. Simple. They will be the next great power.
as always fun reading your posts and i enjoy the discussion.
AD

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm

US dosn't need to give them any aid.

Besides as proven in Russia, it's just to spread US politics.

If those guys are over there and me over here and you over there, then really there's no interference nor cause for conflict. :?
In fact it might be best to leave those guys to themselves without aid. See they grow dependent on aid and when america's economy collapses so much they won't give any more aid, those guys will have to suffer anyway and it makes americans suffer too. So who the hell wins from this? :/
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Another issue here is that the rates of black men raping elderly white women relative to the rates of white men raping elderly black women, may be representative of the relative rates of black men dating white women to white men dating black women. As in, the author sort of refers to this as a symbolic hate crime, but it's also just as plausible that some people get off on raping the elderly as some kind of sick fetish, and the disproportionate rates reflects the actual rates of attraction between races.

Fargone will you ever grow up? You include some kind of personal attack in almost every one of your posts. It's getting ridiculous.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:42 am

skillll7 wrote:
Callonia wrote:Caesar's name is Caesar not Ceasar.

Also, if any aztecs requested me to sacrifice my heart to the sun god for the greater good, i'd tell them let the world die. Sucks to be aztecs.

I don't think they'd request it of you, exactly.

If they choose to attempt to forcibly turn me into an sacrifice. I know from indiana jones films that those kind of villainous organizations never end up well, i will just have to use force to foil their desire to sacrifice me so i can watch the twilight of the world. or just, simply, tell one of my imperial armadas to level all of the aztec to the ground.
Callonia

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 am

Gon,

The relative rate was 117 or 121 over 0. I disagree with your assessment but your hypothesis is yours to own. destroy is not correlated to rate of attraction as far as I know or if it is the correlation coefficient is very low. . It lies more with power or domination. I don't think in these cases the primary motivation was destroy then to be covered up by murder but rather murder and prior to that some form of humiliation or display of dominance. I cannot say for certain as that statistic was a part of a different article i was reading-the paper wasn't centered around that topic.

One thing I would like to note is this. Statistics can be misleading. The department of justice likes to report that per capita homicides are down relative to their historic numbers. Is that a function of actual attempts or advances intrauma medicine? Innovations in trauma medicine started after/towards the end of the vietnam war in Balimore. This was called shock trauma triage and treatment-they are still the leaders today in this form of medicine. If you were shot prior to 1970 you had a 3/5 ths chance of dying. Today you have a 4/5ths chance of living. It is what has been called the "golden hour". Without these medical advances in saving lives our actual homicide rate would be well over it's historical rate. Just food for thought.

The is precedent for incorporating an ethnic group into your empire and not fully assimilating them. The results are not good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_War_(376–382)

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby fargone » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Its true, statistics are the only way numbers can lie - and statisticians know it!!
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic