The Truth about J-Pop

The Truth about J-Pop

Postby Grain » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jc1wn6j ... annel_page

Can't the truth be the most horrible thing?

I knew the truth all along, but denied it. This video pried my eyes open. I don't know what to do anymore.

There's no turning back now.
Grain

Re: The Truth about J-Pop

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:20 am

just because there's one crappy video, you start saying all videos are crap :lol:
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 am

I'm confused, whats wrong with the video? I admit some Japanese pop idols have a sense of fashion I find rather unappealing (like non color matching striped socks) but really I didn't see anything you might not see in an american music video. Its just some J-Pop idol doing a simple music video. Did I not watch it long enough?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Holy damn I think I'm frothing at the mouth and I only watched like 5 seconds of it.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Grain » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Chronomaster wrote:Holy damn I think I'm frothing at the mouth and I only watched like 5 seconds of it.

That's exactly what happened to me.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:55 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:I'm confused, whats wrong with the video? I admit some Japanese pop idols have a sense of fashion I find rather unappealing (like non color matching striped socks) but really I didn't see anything you might not see in an american music video. Its just some J-Pop idol doing a simple music video. Did I not watch it long enough?

Seriously Dan? Because I really can't connect the dots between this video and say, Beyonce's next hit. Or Nickelback. Or any big-name mainstream American artist/band.

I was horrified as well. I was aware that the Japanese were fond of cuteness and innocence in children, but this is a whole different level.
Romdeau

Postby SacredGuyver » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:40 am

And this is why I avoid music videos of any kind.

If I think a song should have a music video, what I can think up will undoubtedly be much more awesome than what the band/group/artist/whatever did.
SacredGuyver

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:05 pm

I admit I've never been one for american music videos either, the only music videos I ever really enjoyed watching were Weird "Al"'s cause his were rife with comedy and parody, but it was my understanding from the handful of times I flipped past music video stations back when I had cable that they were singers in some nonsensical (usually having nothing to do with the actual song) scene wearing atrociously absurd outfits, while lip syncing their songs.

Thats all I saw in that video, some singer in a bizarre background, wearing ridiculous clothes, lip syncing one of their songs.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Porky » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Whats so strange about the music clip? Is she mainstream? Or is she just targetting those niche markets where cutesy/lolita style is desired. She doesn't look good though and the music/singing is pretty awful.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby mijorre » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Gosh.

I have to go download some **** to wipe this from my mind.
mijorre

Next

Return to General Off Topic