Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Re: Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Imo eastern european cakes and cookies are best along with germany's doctor oetker. :D

But i asked you because i can see for a fact people over here eat sponges and buns like crazy.

~~~~~

Also i prefer Jamie Oliver over Gordon Ramsey. Not sure why, i just do.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:05 pm

didnt think food was meant to be fun. besides, a true man, hunts his food, butchers its, cooks it, then eat it. i would love to watch a tv chef do that.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Funny you should say that. I,m from a farming background and I did used to hunt, but it's tough to get guns here and airguns can only do so much. My father is still a manic gardener, but I'm a little young for that. lol. I can butcher quite well, but would rather leave it to others. While I love eating game not sure I could shoot it anymore.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby fargone » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Killing preparing and eating your own food is actually very rewarding in some way. Not everyone was raised in the city pera.

I cook Italian quite well. My preferred diet consists of crustaceans and steak. Anything with garlic or basil is off to a good start.

I tend to experiment a lot in the kitchen, and my mango chicken is reasonably popular with those who have tried it. Even though I have never made it the same way twice.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Mango chicken. I really am not a fan of fruit and meat except in curries. I don't like apple sauce with pork or cranberry with turkey, but that's just me. So Fargone, do you make like a chutney with the mango? Cook it down with vinegar and onion?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Why are you telling me the city background thingy? Lol! Maybe you meant aslen?

I don't see anything manly about killing an animal. I killed a chicken while on my uncles farm. Big whoop. Could've lived without it too. xD
Also there's nothing great about chopping a bird's head off and letting it run headless around ...

Who knows. Maybe I'd become vegetarian if I had to always kill the animals myself.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah it isn't easy. I actually kinda felt bad after gunning down that feral pig but in the end i love pork. Hunting pheasant is quite fun though. Granted in the end it means you are killing some birds which isn't nice but as long as it is within reasonable limits it is ok. Not a big fan of duck and hunting them sucks though some of my colleagues live for those weekends.

Pera, Not sure what it is but carrying a gun changes something about you. I cannot pinpoint the word but i suppose it conveys some false sense of power. Unless you have walked around the woods with a rifle it is hard to explain. I only shoot something i plan on eating but even though i work in surgery i hate cutting the animals open afterwards. I just bring the birds home and have my wife do the prep but she is a really good cook.

Ropey,
If you have a good way to prepare pheasant let me know.

Thanks mate,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:38 pm

What special foods does everyone here make for christmas? Or at least tries to in case this christmas went not so well, i mean we live in age with retards in the government so nothing to be ashamed of if the crisis hit you this year. I am glad i am lucky tho. @_@

I find apple pie to be fitting. That's just a personal preference maybe.

I also made a roast. I don't have often roast, but it also feels within the theme.

Also in my family we nearly always make cabage rolls (with rice and meat inside) for christmas and serve it with a bit of yogurt or cream. (i think some call it cream cheese in english, not sure)
Some vegetarians use walnuts instead of meat, but i hate that version. Don't get fooled by google or cooking books if it says it's a polish recipe, it's far too common to attribute it to any single country, a deeply rooted tradition in many countries.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Ropey wrote:Funny you should say that. I,m from a farming background and I did used to hunt, but it's tough to get guns here and airguns can only do so much. My father is still a manic gardener, but I'm a little young for that. lol. I can butcher quite well, but would rather leave it to others. While I love eating game not sure I could shoot it anymore.

What about hunting bows? U might need to take archery class or two..
Callonia

Postby asxlen64 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:01 am

Callonia wrote:
Ropey wrote:Funny you should say that. I,m from a farming background and I did used to hunt, but it's tough to get guns here and airguns can only do so much. My father is still a manic gardener, but I'm a little young for that. lol. I can butcher quite well, but would rather leave it to others. While I love eating game not sure I could shoot it anymore.

What about hunting bows? U might need to take archery class or two..

i dont use guns, i prefer my trusty compound bow, try shooting a deer more that 100yards away if you can. Though i have killed a few rabbits/small birds using a knife.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic