Gran gift card type things?

Gran gift card type things?

Postby Rikai » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey wouldn't it be a lot better if you could buy cards ...kinda like XBOX Live cards or runescape gold cards...or something like that...so you can buy a card in a store for like say ...$10 for 1100 gran ...and then use that to get gran in Alteil? The reason for this would make it so we dont have to use credit cards or paypal accounts. Many people including my family have a thing with identity theft and it would be so much better if there was a method of gaining Gran for the same value without having to give personal information. Think this should happen?

I hope the admin/GM/whoever reads this and considers it :P

And if its already made and im being dumb and repeating it...just tell me niceley without insulting me ...TYVM :P

;a40 ;a38 ;a41 ;a39
Rikai

Re: Gran gift card type things?

Postby Grain » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Perhaps you could mail $20 to Alteil's headquarters in NYC and ask for 2100 gran on your account.
Grain

Postby Gota » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:31 pm

If you are only worried about identity thief and is willing to fork out couple extra dollar to protect yourself against that, you could go buy visa gift cards.

This is the method that I buy gran with.

If you get visa gift cards from bank, you pay 3.95$ per gift card, of course in addition to the amount you want to put in it. (Some banks require you to have an account with them for you to buy gift cards from them, some don't)
Also, if you get them from the bank, you usually have to wait anywhere from a couple of hours to 24 hours before you can use it, if all is well.
If they had problems loading the card, they would have to chase down the problem, etc, and could take up to a week to get it fixed.
(Happened to me once)
One more thing, when buying visagiftcards from bank, You also have to log onto the visagiftcard website to activate them too, by entering in some information.

If you get visa gift cards from stores, like CVS, they have preloaded gift cards that are of 100$, 50$, 25$, etc value. Loading fees on those are around 6$, 5$, 4$ -ish respectively.
These are loaded instantly, can be used right away without any info or anything, only catch is that these are 2-3$ more than the bank ones.

When using visagiftcards, we don't need to give out information, other than to the bank(if you got it from the bank).
When I use it to buy gran, I just log in to my account, click on cashier, click on amount, and click on credit card, then type in the giftcard number. That is all there is to it.
Last edited by Gota on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Rikai » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:33 pm

For visa gift cards i just use the CREDIT CARD function? and speakin of whicch $5 is 500 gran...thats 50 lottery hits :( xD
Rikai

Postby Gota » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 pm

yes, you can just use the credit card function, but the only catch is that you pay an extra 3-6$ for the card because of activation/loading fee. While if you just use a regular old credit card, you don't need to pay that. Thus my very first sentence in my earlier post.

Because of the activation/loading fees, I always buy the 100$ giftcards, because its better paying 6$ once for 100$card, than 5$ twice for 2x50$ cards.

Though it would be nice for the thread's suggestion to happen, which then could eliminate that 6$ loading fee all together.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Return to General Off Topic