The Music Topic!

The Music Topic!

Postby Moozze » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:58 pm

I suddenly realized there are no topics about the most wonderful thing on earth: Music! What music/bands do you like? What are you listening right now? Do you play an instrument? Post it here, I'm curious.

List of bands I like:

AC/DC, Anberlin, Andy McKee, Arctic Monkeys, Audioslave, The Beastie Boys, Billy Talent, Bloc Party, Bob Marley, Bullet for my Valentine, Burial, C-Mon and Kypski, Coheed and Cambria, Daft Punk, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dire Straits, Editors, Erik Mongrain, The Faint, Fatboy Slim, Fiction Plane, Five Iron Frenzy, Foo Fighters, Fort Minor, Franz Ferdinand, Goose, Gorillaz, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, The Hives, Hot Chip, Incubus, Interpol, (The) Jimi Hendrix (Experience), The John Butler Trio, Justice, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Keane, Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, The Mars Volta, Matisyahu, Mew, Modest Mouse, Muse, Nada Surf, The Offspring, P. O.D, PAX217, Pete Philly and Perquisite, The Police, The Postal Service, Queens of the Stone Age, The Raconteurs, Radiohead, Rage Agaisnt the Machine, The Ramones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Smashing Pumpkins, Social Distortion Sonic Youth, Soulwax, Static X, Stereophonics, Sum41, Switchfoot, Tower of Power, Underoath, Underworld, Vampire Weekend, Voicst, The Who, Wolfmother, The Wombats.

My favorite is absolutely Muse, because they are so good live and their music is just wow, can't wait for their new album to release. But as you can see (or maybe you didn't even want to start reading some of the bands because there's way too many of them) there are lots of differents types of music I enjoy.

I also play the guitar myself, I recently got a new electric and I'm very proud of it!

I bet there are other musicians out there, or at least people who listen to music.
Annoying.
Moozze

Re: The Music Topic!

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:12 pm

I wouldn't spend 100 dollars on an Ipod when I could get 2-3 games with the same amount of money.
Grain

Postby Moozze » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Grain wrote:I wouldn't spend 100 dollars on an Ipod when I could get 2-3 games with the same amount of money.

I bought a Square Enix RPG for my iPod today :D (Song summoner)

You seriously don't listen to any music?
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:30 pm

That depends on what you mean by "listen."

I do not follow any bands or buy albums.

I have, in fact, heard songs in the past, and most likely will in the future.

It isn't a subject of interest for me.
Grain

Postby Moozze » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Grain wrote:That depends on what you mean by "listen."

I do not follow any bands or buy albums.

I have, in fact, heard songs in the past, and most likely will in the future.

It isn't a subject of interest for me.

I guess that's possible too then :D
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby ShinyDanmaku » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 pm

I like music a lot. I usually listen to Touhou remixes, doujin music and anime songs. The first two are kinda obscure. if you don't know what they are, google is your best friend. ;)
ShinyDanmaku

Postby GunCastor » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:57 pm

I don't really follow any bands or singers either, I usually only like a few songs by them and don't like the rest. I guess that makes me not so much of a concert-goer either. I just what whatever songs I like, which ends up with a lot of gaming and anime music because I'm very in to that stuff. I think the most common band I have on my music player is Bowling For Soup. Music isn't that important to me even though I have headphones on my forum avatar.
GunCastor

Postby MeleeNewb » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:26 pm

AhMyGamer wrote:I like music a lot. I usually listen to Touhou remixes, doujin music and anime songs. The first two are kinda obscure. if you don't know what they are, google is your best friend. ;)

I hadn't heard of doujin music before now, but I love most of the Touhou songs, as well as some anime music. Anime music can be so ranged it's hard to say if you just like it your don't like it, I mean, I love most of the music from Cowboy Bebop or .hack//sign, but I could go quite a while without hearing another jpop opening. Oh, and a special mention to Lilium from Elfen Lied, that song is so beautiful.

Musically as a whole I will listen to all sorts of different pieces, although there are some bands and styles I listen to more than others. I've been listening to classical, metal, and rock recently. As for artists, there's The Beatles, Beethoven, Metallica, Mozart, Chopin, KoRn, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Third Eye Blind, The Heats, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Bach, Wagner, Alter Bridge, AC/DC, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, The Who, The Rolling Stones, and Guns and Roses to name a few.

I used to play the drums, however I stopped a ways back. I am currently the only member in my family who doesn't play an instrument of some kind, everyone else plays the piano and either viola or guitar. For me it's enough just to be able to hear and write.
I used to wonder if I was crazy, but all that uncertainty drove me insane.
MeleeNewb

Postby Rad!oZonde » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 am

AhMyGamer wrote:I like music a lot. I usually listen to Touhou remixes, doujin music and anime songs. The first two are kinda obscure. if you don't know what they are, google is your best friend. ;)

wow I thought I was the only one lol
I usually play the games often, I don't have many of the mixes..yet

I perform in a group called the Bullet Philharmonic Orchestra.
Sometime we'll just post all of our stuff online
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Return to General Off Topic